Arc 1.2 - Only Words Can Tell

Adrian was a ridiculously prince-like 12-year old kid despite his living conditions. He had ebony black hair, bright royal blue eyes, long curled eyelashes that touches his cheeks when he blinks, lips that forms a heart when he smiles, a small face

The body Zack occupied was Adrian's 3 month old cat, a white british shorthair, with originally no pupil nor iris in its eyes that he adopted from the shelter. The kitten was abandoned at an alley, dirty and barely a few weeks old. The volunteers at the shelter had said that they think the kitten was the runt of its litter, weighing ridiculously below normal weight for newborn kits and was abandoned by someone, probably a breeder, because of it and because they thought it was blind.

After the system took over, the iris and pupil appeared. It was too light though, too light that many would still think it was blind. It didn't help that it had a slight tint of blue.

"Can you know what the other 'characters' are doing?" The host asked, remembering a certain novel he once read that had a practically omniscient system which he used to his advantage. Is Zack like that?

[I can't. Not yet at least. Once you reach a certain level, I will develop enough to do that. And you can just talk to me in your mind, Ivy. No need to talk out loud.]

'You can hear this? And what level am I?' he asked with his mind.

[Yes. Would you like to see your stats and profile?]

Ivan nodded and a screen appeared before him containing information about him.

Ivan Gregory

Title/s: Host of System 4547713, Newbie Host, Another Unfortunate Victim Of Truck-sama

Age: 22 years old

Level: 1 (0/50 exp)

System Points: 1000 SP

System Level: 1 (0/50 exp)

Worlds Travelled: 0 (First world still ongoing.)

Inventory: Skill Learning (1), Beauty Pill, Spin The Wheel Of Fortune Ticket (1)

'System Points? What is that for? And what are the things in the inventory for?' The host wondered, the Beauty Pill thing sounded like a poorly named beauty product that quote and unquote, "does wonders on your skin after 7 days".

[SP can be used to purchase products from the mall, which you'll only open when you reach Level 5. Skill Learning, Beauty Pill, and Spin The Wheel Fortune are part of beginner's package. There used to be way more things in it, but now it's only these three and the 1000 SP. And the ticket is basically useless unless you're ridiculously lucky.] The system answered sounding like someone does when they are unsatisfied with the company their working at.

Ivan went out of his room, hair wet fresh from the shower and wearing his school uniform. He saw Adrian's mother, Aliana, placing their breakfast meals down on the small table. She saw him looking and gestured to him to seat down and eat. Which he obediently did.

(I shall use Adrian instead of Ivan now. Though sometimes I'll still use Ivan)

"Dear, what were you shouting at earlier? Is there something wrong?" Aliana asked after a few mouthfuls of food. Adrian almost choked and had to drink water to ease his throat. Thankfully, that gave him enough time to think of a reason.

"Milky suprised me, that's all." He heard Zack, now Milky, scoff at him. 'Hey blame the original for naming the kitten Milky!' he protested. And Adrian thinks it was an actually good name.

Aliana stared at her son, knowing what he just said wasn't the entire truth but decided not to prod. "Eat up. We'll be leaving in thirty minutes."

Adrian's mom is working as a factory worker for shoe company to support her and Adrian's needs. His father had left them over ten years ago when Adrian was a mere two year old so Aliana had to work hard to make ends meet.

According to the plot Zack sent him, at present, it's been two days since Aliana and Adrian's father, Drew, met again with him wanting to take Adrian away and be raised with his new family. Aliana refused, angry that the man even had the guts to claim a child he abandoned. Drew told her if she won't comply then he could only let the law decide. A court hearing was then scheduled in two weeks to decide whether Aliana Summers is still fit to care for their son.

She didn't want to be separated from her son so she decided not to tell Adrian about it. A day before the hearing, Aliana unfortunately had an accident at work. Her injury caused her to lose her job, a major factor for keeping Adrian. Aliana lost the case, and Adrian moved to live with his father, stepmother and stepbrother.

Perhaps it was due to the fact that she lost rights to care for Adrian that Aliana's injury worsened instead of healing, leading to multiple complication that affected her health. About three years later, she passed away.

In behalf of the original owner of his current body, Adrian will definitely take care Aliana.

He gathered his school bag and walked to school with his mother. Adrian's school wasn't that far from the house and was only a 10-minute walk. The mother-son pair traveled peacefully until Adrian spotted an elderly woman trying to cross the road. Her efforts were in vain because the vehicles passed by too fast as the students and workers hurriedly traveled to their destinations.

The male patted his mother's arm, getting her attention. He gestured towards the elderly and Aliana immediately understood what it is he wanted to do. She smiled and nodded at him.

Adrian approached the elderly and helped her cross the road safely. At the other side of the road, the old woman thanked him and patted his head, jokingly saying "You'd make a good grandson-in-law." He brushed the comment aside with a light giggle thinking it was just a normal teasing statement. Adrian waved goodbye and crossed the road again to resume walking with his mother.

---
Ayyyyyeee guess who's writing again after an unannounced break.... Sorry bout that... Gonna try to update but can't promise cause we've got quarterly exams coming up

Nine