Memorable Melodies

Slowly and surely, the gentle ballroom-fitted tunes bounced elegantly across the hall; signaling the commencing couple's dance. Twilight instinctively took a gentle hold on the wrist of Yor and leading her towards the space available. Overwhelmed and bashful, Yor became vulnerable to Loid. Her trust in him was unbreakable.

Once they arrived to the dance floor, the glitz and ppwerful exposure to light made Yor flinch and twinge. Loid quickly took her discomfort into account and spoke profusely.
"Focus on me... Nothing else.." he straightforwardly spoke, his pale face reddening by the second. He never once in his entire career, managed to speak those words to a woman. It was a new sensation that tingled strangely as he spewed out his speech. It was a comforting feeling.. a refreshing one.

Yor became completely oblivious to the huge bustle that swirled past them. Varieties of all colours began motioning in a frenzy; however Yor could only draw her attention on one thing. One man.

Loid Forger.

The taste of his name in her mouth was euphoric and emitted a wave of calm. He was amazing in every way, shape or form. Why did he choose a lowly woman such as myself? Yor often found herself wondering the same branches of questions.

The couple had one thing no other person truly felt in the room, and it was a sense of connection. Feelings toward one another.

Love..

Laughs and chuckles cackled out of the two as they observed each other's qualities closely whilst waltzing away. Yor's delicate ruby irises transformed glassy with awe and eased into squint of joy. Loid has never felt anything like this before. Tonight was the night where really everything new made a mark. Made a footprint in his mind. His glistening ocean eyes stared longingly toward Yor and the two managed to hold an affectionate gaze toward one another for a solid minute before embarrassment took a toll hard on them both. This small emotion however, did not in any shape or form hinder their examination towards one another.

The two got so synchronized that it wasn't until a large spotlight was harshly illuminating them forced them to escape from their trances. Squinting eyes glanced up to meet a moody blue ray shine towards them; it seemed to be mocking.
They were the chosen couple!
As if it were like dominoes, faces upon faces whiplashed from their own fiascos and drew their attention towards no other than Yor and Loid. With determined looks on their faces, the two simply did a firm nod before proceeding to float gallantly across the wooden hall. Gazes were fixed on them left, right and center. But they didn't seem to mind.

They were trapped in their own world that seemed to be going significantly slower than reality. It was truly a blissful state that no one wanted to ever snap out of. It was a special lens that was especially for the pair. Miss Briar wasn't the best waltzer, but perfection didn't matter to Loid. He loved her for who she was..

Eventually the glorious orchestrated music began pitching down and the pace began sliding more slowly through the ears of many; signaling the end of the dance. The shines upon couple ended up in the middle once again, stranded on their own. But they didn't seem to care. Laughs from the two swiftly piped down as the two surely closed the distance between one another. Their heads collided against one another and the blonde haired man gradually placed a thumb on her chin, ascending it calmly. His eyes lingered cautiously on her lips, Yor conveyed the same thoughts and batted her eyelids before completely closing them. Crowds of people surrounded at the two, gawked and anticipating the next move. Fingers and gasps were thrown and tossed around until...

zooooooooom...
it's a black out.

A few seconds and the panic ensued.. Tangents of screaming could be heard from everywhere across the academy...

That didn't stop the two. Gently and very sweetly, the two lips met and for a minute, everything was fine. Everything was euphoric. The electricity of the two's kiss staged for another one, however the situation at hand unfortunately and reluctantly parted the two.

There's always next time...

A/N
Thank you guys for being so patient with me! I can't believe the amount of love and support the series has gotten! It really means a lot to me. I hope everyone will stay safe during this pandemic. Don't forget to wash your hands and stay at home!
With the whole lockdown scenario in place, I may be able to sneak some time to write some more, who knows! Also I'm very sorry for any poor grammar mistakes I have during this text! It's currently 1:00am and all the best writing ideas for me come out at night ahha. Anyways, thank you all so much, I love you all and stay safe!

-toodles my lil noodles