Confessions

(A small short in which Loid decides to tell Yor about his mission coming to an end and Yor comes clean about her job.)

The couple perched on the stone doorstep to their house, watching the sunset hues invade the sky. Yor held a disappointed gaze at the horizon and Loid, no, Twilight could only stare at the ground. Silence was comforting, but so unsettling at the same time. Both of their mouths stayed ajar, as if wanting to speak. But couldn't. To his surprise, Yor managed to muster up a conversation.
" I can't believe we kept these secrets for so long. It's relieving to get it out, but.."
Twilight ,fixated at the ground, nodded solemnly.
"Promise me Anya will be okay." Yor held  his hands cautiously, seeming to retrieve his attention. Ruby and sapphire orbs searched each other, trying to find an answer. It was so... foggy.
"I promise." Loid whispered, drawing Yor into a hug a few moments later.

As anyone would be in that situation, she was definitely taken aback. Tears began blurring her vision until she allowed herself to be consumed by the overwhelming emotions. The hit-man gripped tightly to the spy's trench coat, breaking down immediately. Her pale face became flushed; shaking was the only action she was doing.

The pink haired Esper stood in the entrance hallway, eyebrows slanted. The raw pain she felt her mother having only caused her to weep as well. Now, the two adults attended quickly to the child's needs: drawing back into a big group hug...

"I love you. Always and forever.

————————————————————
A/N
HEYO OMDS THANK YOU SO SO SO SO MUCH FOR 1K READS!! I'm so sorry I haven't been able to update in awhile, but thank you so much for liking this series. Actually, since this is a short, I thought I'd open it up to you guys! I'd love to see how everyone thought happened next after this scene! So please tell me in the comments ^^
I know it's crazy in the world right now, but remember to keep safe and keep fighting for what you believe in! #BLM :))