Reader X Maximum Ride

┌─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

                                                                                         MEMORIES

                                                                    └─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘

I was 11 and a half at the time. So was Iggy. We went to a junkyard one day for fun and Gazzy tagged along. Jeb told us to be careful and let us play around with all the junk. I remember flying up to the highest pile and kick loose junk down the hill and have Gazzy and Iggy dodge the flying junk. It was a fun dangerous game.

We had a lot of good memories in that junkyard. We even brought Nudge along sometimes and roasted smores in a burning bin. Of course, Max never knew because she would scold us for being reckless. Fang didn't seem to care and Angel was too young to bring along.

One afternoon I brought along the book about cars. I read that book so much I almost memorized a bunch of it. It was fun reading it out loud for Iggy and we would fiddle with the abandoned cars in the junkyard.

We spent days opening the hoods and inspecting everything, sitting in the cars and imaging it racing down the roads.

Finally, after a lot of hard work, we manage to get a car running. The engine sputtered to life and we all cheered in joy. After a terrible paint job of flowers and flames, it was ready to take out onto the road.

Iggy sat in the passenger seat and Gazzy sat in the back behind the driver seat. I revved the engine and look at the book in my lap. "So, first seatbelts."

"I'm buckled!" Iggy held onto the seatbelt and looked over towards me.

"Me too!" Gazzy gave me a smile.

"Alright! The car is on. Now shift gears. Uh..." I grip the knob and yank it forward. I let go of the pedal and we rolled forward. "It's working!"

"Yes! Yes! Yes! We should take her out on the road!" Gazzy pumped his fist up into the air as Iggy cheered.

"Okay! Let me just...get out of the junkyard." I yanked the wheel to the right and the car jerked right and banged against the wooden picnic table. "Whoops! Hold on, this the wheel is stiff." I move the gear to reverse and pressed the gas. Let's just say the car got a nice dent in the back. "I pressed the wrong pedal!"

"Try again!" Gazzy took off his seat belt to lean over the headrest and look at the book in my lap.

I change gears once again and slowly drive the car towards the exit. We drove alongside the fence before we drove painfully slow out of the junkyard. "Awesome! Iggy, you should try! There's nothing really you can hit and I can always direct you!"

"Um, okay!" Iggy switched seats with me and he ran a hand over all of the buttons and levers.

Let's just say, that was a bad idea.

The car crashed and got set aflame. We managed to scramble away before it exploded. Looking back on it, it was scary but funny and it sparked something in Iggy. He wanted to make tons of explosives after the car.

The best part is Jeb never really found out. Probably.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for not writing anything. I'm just taking my oneshots from my story and placing them here.