Iggy X Reader

┌─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

                             Songfic - Slow Dance With You cover by Ashe 

      This is during School's Out Forever, the school the flock attends is holding a Dance. 

                                                    └─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘

Slow dance with you 

Tonight was the night of every teenage girl's dream. Prom night. Nudge was the most ecstatic about it. There were two dances. One for the older kids and the other for younger kids. Kids would stay in the gym and the older kids had prom in a separate building. 

I just want to slow dance with you 

A few days before the dance Anne took us to the mall to go dress shopping and buy some suits for the boys. Boys went off with Anne and we giggled and pushed Max into the shop full of gowns. We spent the whole afternoon looking for gowns. The boys were already done and sitting outside of the shop and eating mall pretzels. Anne was inside the shop helping indecisive Nudge. Angel got a cute white dress with the skirt getting longer as it goes back. White flowers are sewn into the bodice of the dress. Max found a dress that wasn't too girly. It was a simple wine red dress with a slit on the right side. Nudge finally picked a dress and it was a champagne-colored dress with off-shoulder sleeves. Anne bought our dresses and a pair of wedges and heels for me and Max. 

I know all the other boys are tough and smooth 

After dinner, everyone went to their rooms to get dressed and get ready for the dance at seven. Anne even went to our rooms to help with any make-up and hair. When it was six-thirty everyone came downstairs and the only person left was me. I was having trouble with the zipper and Anne came to me last. Finally, the dress was on and I went downstairs to see everyone waiting. "Sorry, it took so long. Let's go!"

And I got the blues 

After a few pictures and passing around compliments we all piled into the car. Stuffing the frilly skirts into the car. I sat in the very back with Nudge and Iggy. During the drive, I told Iggy what our dresses looked like. 

I want to slow dance with you 

We arrived at the school and we all got out of the car. A lot of people were making their way into school. Multiple girls in beautiful gowns and boys in dashing tuxedos and suits. Anne told us to find her car after the dance and to have fun. Gazzy and Angel go off into the gym and the rest of us go to the second gym off to the side of the school. As we entered the large building loud music and bright lights filled the room. Half of the gym was tables and the snack and drinks and the other half were for dancing. Sam and Lissa came by and took Max and Fang away. I went to the snack bar and got a plate of cookies and pretzels. Iggy and Nudge went to grab a table and put her purse down. I sat down with them and nibbled on the food waiting for my 'guy friend' to show up. 

 I want to slow dance with you (Slow dance) 

The time has passed and there was only an hour left of the dance. I spent most of it awkwardly dancing with the flock or sitting around. My 'friend' never showed up and I've never felt so awkward. The Dj tapped the mic and cleared his throat. "Hey everybody, we're gonna take it slow. Grab a partner and slow dance." 

I just want to slow dance with you (Slow dance) 

The majority of the people grabbed someone to dance with and began to slowly sway to the music. I sigh and cross my arms before I get up and go take a breather outside. "Worst day ever." As I was going outside I pass Lissa leaning her head on Fang's shoulder arms wrapped around his neck. Sam was guiding a nervous Max and she kept looking down at the floor. Nudge was with a few of her friends, their arms all draped over each other's shoulders and swaying while giggling. Iggy was hanging out with a girl named Emma at the punch bowl slightly swaying to the music. She was blushing hard and I could tell she wanted to go dance with Iggy. 

Why don't you take the chance? 

The sky was clear and the stars shined brightly in the sky. I hug myself and lean against the building. The music was still loud and could be heard outside. There was a couple around the corner audibly kissing and I groan before I walk away from the building and sat down on the grassy field. I sway to the music and sigh softly.

I've got the moves 

"What are you doing out here?" Someone asked me. I turn around and smile sadly as Iggy sits next to me. 

"Me? Oh nothing, just being lonely out here with no one to dance with."

It was quiet before Iggy turned his head towards me. "Want to have this dance with me?"

I smile and stand up, brushing off the grass and I take Iggy's hand and place the other on his shoulder. "You didn't have to come out here. I was gonna be fine. It's just a stupid dance." 

I'd like to prove 

"I don't think it's a stupid dance to you," Iggy said as he placed a hand on my waist and began to sway to the music.

"...Yeah...my stupid date didn't show up. What an ass." 

"At least you had a date." Iggy retorted. 

"A date that didn't show up."

We danced until the few slow songs stopped and the loud hum of a popular song filled the surrounding. I smile and wrap my arms around Iggy and gave him a hug. "Thanks for dancing with me."

I want to slow dance with you

"You're welcome. Let's head back in and get some more punch." Iggy took my hand and pointed to the building. 

"Yeah...that sounds good."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't think the music really matches up timing-wise with the story, but meh. I love this song and I thought about slow dancing with one of the boys. It's a very cute and wholesome song and I think it works perfectly with Iggy. This is not cannon to my story btw, just a cute one-shot. I hope you enjoyed! Apology in advance if there are any grammatical/spelling errors. 

Oh! And go support Ashe on youtube. He has an amazing voice and I love his covers.