three: dont be sad, baby

don't be sad, baby; stanlon
inspired by tozierbuckyuris losers smut
^(reddie-scars)^
word count; 477
~

stan was at the hanlon farm, sitting on mike's bed after finding out he could stay there for the night.

he was laying in between mike's legs reading his bird book out loud to his boyfriend, who instead of listening, was playing with stan's curly hair.

"and this one is a black-capped chickadee, the national bird of maine. they're really small, and they-.." he cut off his words once he realized mike started tracing his fingers along the scars framing his face.

"what is it, stanny?" The dark-skinned boy asked, wondering why he stopped taking.

"can you please not do that?" he responded with a frown on his face.

"what am i doing wrong? did i hurt you?"

"n-no. you were just touching my scars, a-and i don't like it when you do that." towards the end of the sentence, his words became small and quiet. he lost confidence in realizing he probably sounded stupid.

"why not?" mike was curious as why he wasn't able to even touch the small white marks surrounding stan's face.

"i don't like them. they're ugly. and weird." he still had his quiet demeanor, but now insecurity ringing in his voice.

"no, no stan. you aren't ugly just because you have scars, you got attacked by a demon clown for christ sakes. and they aren't weird at all, everybody has scars, baby. even me." mike said strongly. he never knew how much the tiny marks would affect stan's confidence.

but still, stan only looked down as he fiddled with his thumbs, a nervous habit.

"look at me, baby." mike grabbed stan's chin, tilting it upwards so the two were making eye contact. "you are beautiful, okay? don't let some silly scars get to your head."

"sorry, mike." he answered, forcing a smile that definitely looked fake. mike took notice of this, and instead of putting on a frown, he started peppering stan's face with kisses along the scars. "stop! mike!" the curly haired boy yelped as the two laughed, happy that they were together.

"you're so cute, stanny! just, too, cute!" in between his words, mike kissed stan's forehead, cheeks, and lips.

when their laughter started to die down mike pulled the book out of his lover's hands, placing it beside the two boys. he hugged him tighter and pulled him closer to his chest, never wanting to let go.

"thank you." stan mumbled, eyes now closed and relaxed.  his head was pressed in the crook of mike's neck, so his words were slightly muffled. "for saying that to me. you always know how to make me feel better."

"of course." the dark-skinned boy kissed the top of his head. "i'm always here for you, baby. i love you."

"love you too."
~