four: just look at me

just look at me; reddie
word count; 732
~

at the tozier household, richie was playing video games with his eyes glued to the tv, while eddie sat beside him waiting for him to stop.

he had his headset on talking to his teammates even though eddie was right next to him.

"hey chee?" the brunette tried at his luck, but richie was still focused on the game. he sighed heavily before trying once more. "can we watch a movie or something?"

"what, eds?"

at least he's listening, right? eddie thought to himself.

"like, i don't know one of your dumb comedies, it doesn't really matter." he still had the small hope that richie was listening, although he definitely wasn't. all he could hear was the guns in the game, the silence between the two was awkward and tense.

"maybe later, i wanna win this round." the trashmouth says, spamming the buttons on the white controller.

the smaller of the two mumbles a small 'okay', pouting out his bottom lip slightly.

isn't the point of hanging out to actually do stuff together? he isn't even paying attention to me, i could probably just leave right now and he wouldn't notice. eddie's mind wanders, thinking of ways to distract richie. will these ways make him mad at him? hell yes, but that's just what you get when eddie doesn't get what he wants.

so he slid over to be right behind his boyfriend, then wrapped his legs around his hips, arms hugging his chest.

the raven-haired boy halted for just a second, but quickly reassumed his place in the game. eddie huffed, annoyed. he couldn't let this stop him, it would just take more than he thought.

next he took it up a notch, kissing the back of richie's neck while seeing the goosebumps rise to the surface of his skin.

"eddie-.." he breathed out, making a smile appear on the smaller teen's face.

"yes?" eddie knew he was playing a slightly risky game here, not that it stopped him at all.

"stop. i'm trying to finish this, after okay?" richie was slightly frustrated with him, not knowing why he couldn't just wait a couple minutes.

"come on chee, please?" the brunette put on his best puppy dog eyes, hoping they would work.

but they didn't.

instead, richie yelled into the mic all of the sudden, causing eddie to jump off him in shock.

"seriously! why would you-..!" he rambled on and on about how dumb his online friends were being.

i'm right here. right here. in real life. eddie thought, laying down once more with his arms crossed.

once the taller one sat back down, minutes passed by- to eddie they felt like hours- before he stood up once more screaming.

"you just got me killed! are you kidding me!" he threw the controller on the bed beside the grumpy teenager, who just stared at it in disbelief. how could he get so worked up over a video game?

"richie?" the ravenette looked over to the smaller one, and when seeing his sad expression realized he was neglecting him.

"yeah, eds?" he took off his headset, carefully putting it on the bedside table. "i'm done now, if that what you're wondering."

"you sure?" richie nodded his head.

"promise."

"okay." eddie says, his gaze softening, making richie's heart melt at how adorable he looked in the moment.

"sorry," he begins, placing himself next to eddie, not breaking their gaze. "were you mad at me?"

"kind of. because you were kind of being a dick."

"right." he sighed, but seconds later a small grin crept onto his face. "and i didn't even win."

"rich!" the smaller laughed, throwing a punch to his shoulder. "you're so dumb."

there was a moment of silence between them once more, a more comfortable silence as suppose to before.

"i have to admit, it was really hard to not pay attention to you. you were just so cute, eds!" richie pinched eddie's cheeks, making his face turn pink. "cute, cute, cute!"

eddie pushes his hands away, but right afterwards climbed onto richie, hiding his face in the taller teen's neck. richie leant into the touch, realizing this could've happened sooner.

"chee?"

"yeah?"

"next time you ignore me, i won't hesitate to hit you." they both laughed, satisfied with the moment they were sharing at last.

"trust me, i know eds."
~