The Demolition

The werewolves ran into the power plant building, trying to go undetected, but as expected, the alarm went off. "Hurry, we triggered the alarm!" Devenity called to the rest of them. They all ran faster than before, before a voice shouted over the commotion; "Stop!" It called. They looked up to see the director of the demolition project, Kenzie's father. "You're trespassing." He informed them, Johnny's father appearing beside him. "How can we be trespassing on our own land?" Issak asked, as the rest of the demolition crew came into view. "Yeah, this is werewolf territory!" Jenna shouted. "I don't know anything about that." He replied. "Get them!" He shouted to the crew. They bared their fangs and claws, and growled as their eyes and moonstones glowed. They managed to fight them off for a few minutes, before the crew released a bunch of colloidal silver, and they wolves started coughing. "I failed you." Devenity said to the rest of her pack, as the crew handcuffed them all. "They'll destroy the moonstone, they'll destroy us." She admitted. "Wait!" A familiar voice shouted. Everyone looked up to see Kenzie rush in with her friends from the cheer squad behind her. "Kenzie!?" Her and Johnny's fathers exclaimed. As the rest of the cheerleaders came in, the Zombies filtered in after them. Even Johnny was there, and he approached his father to talk to him. "Dad... I know that you worked really hard for this job, but" He paused, like he was considering whether he should go through with what he was about to say, but he did, and so he bravely told him; "You can't destroy the power plant if it's gonna hurt the werewolves. They're our... friends." He said. His dad gave him a look, but he knew what Johnny meant. His dad looked at Kenzie's dad. "He's right. They all are. We have to accept the werewolves just like you all accepted us. If you didn't make the hard choice to help the Zombies, then I wouldn't be here today." He told him. Kenzie's dad sighed. "Alright you can all come back here tomorrow to get whatever it is that you're looking for, but for now, you can all go home." He shouted over the crowd. There were shouts of joy and freedom. Everyone walked out of the building together.

When Kenzie found Johnny, she ran up to him and hugged him. "Thank you. I know that you haven't exactly been best friends with the wolves." She told him. "I realized that you were just trying to help the wolves, the same way that you tried to help the Zombies when we first came to Seabrook... and maybe you got a little too wrapped up in it... which is the only reason that..." He paused as he pulled out the moonstone necklace. Kenzie took it from him and a big smile spread across her face. Johnny saw how happy it made her, and he felt terrible for taking it. "He found it!" Kenzie exclaimed to the wolves. She hugged him once more, but he couldn't even embrace the hug properly, he had to tell her. "What's wrong?" She asked him once she noticed his lack of emotion. Johnny brought his gaze off of the floor, and back up to meet her concerned eyes. "I... I... I took it." He spat out. "I took the necklace because I was afraid that you were gonna be the Great Alpha thingy, and then I would lose you." He confessed. "What?" She said stepping back from him. "I thought I lost it." "I just didn't want you to go off with the wolves." he tried to tell her. Johnny, when are you gonna realize that it's my life." she shouted at him. "I know, but... Kenzie, really, a werewolf?" He said. "I finally find where I belong and now you try and steal that from me? It's not about what you want, Johnny! Why would I ever go to the Prawn with you, or... or be with you after what you did!?" She yelled out, turning away from him to face Lauren, and the wolves standing behind her. She shook her head and put the necklace around her neck. The necklace started to glow, and she tried to form claws with her hands. The reflection of the blue light faded from Lauren's eyes. "Am I?" She asked her best friend. Lauren took Kenzie's hand into her own. "You're beautiful Kenzie... but the same beautiful that you've always been." She said sadly. Kenzie looked down at the dormant moonstone around her neck. She lifted her eyes up to the wolves, whispering amongst themselves. "She's not a werewolf." She heard Issak say, his voice cracking as if this was all he had ever wanted. "I-I'm sorry." Kenzie apologized to them. "It's not your fault." Jenna whispered. Devenity stayed silent, pondering to herself. After a few moments, she motioned for the wolves to leave. "Come on wolves, let's go. She's just a boring cheerleader... just like I told you." They all turned to follow her, Issak met eyes with Kenzie as they left, leaving her eyes stinging with tears. But right before they could run off, there was a commotion over where the crew was standing. One of them came running up to Kenzie's father. She overheard frantic talking, and then a demand to run. Everyone scrambled to get away, just as a loud explosion pierced the footsteps, and giant, orange flames erupted from the power-plant. As the ash settled, the wolves started coughing. Kenzie ran over to them. They kept coughing, they had never seemed this sick this long. Eventually, they managed to stand up, with the occasional cough. Kenzie helped Jenna, but not for long before Devenity ordered for them to follow her back into the forest. Kenzie murmured a "you'll be okay." to Jenna, before watching them leave, not running, so as to save their energy.

Later that day, back in Zombietown, just as the sun was beginning to set; Johnny, Annie and Gus were sitting on the steps just outside of Johnny's house. As per usual, the conversation was mostly Johnny and Annie, with Gus contributing a line or so every so often in Zombie-tongue. "Do you think they'll be okay?" Annie asked. "I don't know." Johnny said. "The moonstone was their only way to survive, and now it's destroyed." He said. "Well maybe if you hadn't taken Kenzie's necklace she would have been able to help them sooner." Annie scolded. "Annie, she wasn't even the Great Alpha she wouldn't have been able to help them." He told her. "But that's the thing, just because we're different, doesn't mean we can't help each other. I mean, you saw the way that we all came together to help the wolves, we got them to change their minds!" She exclaimed. "But what difference does it make now anyways. It was destroyed anyways." He reminded her. "But that doesn't matter. What matters is that we worked together, we tried. If it works, that's great, but if not, then at least we know that we did all we can to help them." SHe explained. Gus suggested something in zombie-tongue, and Annie's eyes light up. "That's a great idea, Gus!" She said. "No, no, no." Johnny tried to protest. "Yes. Now go tell the wolves, We have some dressing up to do." She said. "You really think the wolves wanna see me right now?" He asked. Annie turned back to face him. "No, I don't." She said with a smirk. "But I think that you're the best person to convince them." She said before walking inside with a little hop in her step. Johnny sighed and starting jogging towards the Forbidden Forest.