Chapter Two - Corruption

Now to move on from one family to the next, we will talk about the next child born under the legends. This time instead of a young boy born into the story, this one was normal. Normal enough to go unnoticed by us, by me, until he was important.

Now if you haven't noticed already, I am not the same person who was here last. The one who was writing this "book" before is my, and the others', leader. We follow him to anything, and when he had decided to start this..."mess", we followed into it. He had stated we need a successor, as he called it. so we all found someone, which is why we are here. Our leader started this off with his "child", and we are all following with ours.

To move on, we will be focusing on a major castle town named Luena. This town was ruled by a king and queen, named Rulka and Eldrid Lox. This kingdom was a peaceful one, and were other towns and kingdoms turned to for support. You could say that was why I turned my attention to this town.

At the time Eldrid had just given birth to a wonderful baby boy, to which they named him Tyler. This child was a blessing to the people of the kingdom, and everyone was awaiting his birth. Yet no one had expected what was approaching them.

As Tyler's life was being created, Eldrid's was being taken. She had died from childbirth, leaving Tyler without a mother to be held by. Tyler was given to a caretaker, named Kyla Adkins, just until his mother could be dealt with.

Tyler, just being brought into the world, had started crying, knowing that who was holding him wasn't his mother.

After a few antagonizing minutes, Eldrid Lox was proclaimed dead after giving birth to her first son. Yet no one had yet to know about this, her husband was far away on a treaty meeting when she had gone into labor.

As the doctors were finishing up and cleaned up her body, Tyler was sleeping peacefully in another room, unknowing of what his fate had created for him.

News had gotten out about what had happened, and the chaos had followed shortly. Rulka was racing home after he heard of what happened to his dear wife, leaving the kingdom with no solid ruler for the week that followed.

No order around, no peace to come about.

The town went spiraling downhill, people doing everything they had wanted to before but could not. Many fights had erupted in multiple locations, and those fights always ended in either bloodshed, or death.

Fires had erupted out of nowhere, burning buildings to the ground. People were stealing everything and anything they could see. The townspeople were fleeing, scared of what would happen next.

By the time Rulka had gotten back, there was nothing left but ash. A few buildings crumbled apart just by the wind, even the castle wasn't protected. Rulka had walked through the rubble of his once-beloved kingdom, looking at the places he loved dearly.

Once he had gotten into the castle, and had seen what was left of the throne room, something inside him snapped.

His throne was slightly crumbling, it had stood through the chaos and could be repaired, but what made him twitch wasn't his throne. Sitting next to the throne was where his wife's beautiful throne is, was indeed her throne. That wasn't what was important though.

Sitting down in the chair was what one could only assume was Eldrid's body, decayed and limp.

Rulka had fallen to his knees, broken with grief. No man's pain could be seen worse than his. This man had lost the love of his life, to what was supposed to be another love.

After Rulka had cleared his body of all the tears he could bear, he stood up and lifted his head up to his wife's body. With a few short strides over to his wife, he smiled at her one last time, and swiftly turned around.

He stood, staring out at his broken and burned throne room. Looking out into the streets that once were lively, once were colorful and bustling with people.

He looked out upon his kingdom, and with one last deep breath, let out the most malicious laugh he could manage, and strode down into the streets, past the brunt houses, and on top of the walls that once protected the kingdom.

He smirked, and planned what could bring the world to its knees.

All while Rulka was planning their demise, Tyler was being carried in the arms of a new man. One by the name of Andrew.

Andrew was the husband of the former caretaker, Kyla, who had taken up Tyler and ran away from the burning city. They had known not to keep him there any longer. And by looking back, if they had stayed he might have just died.

They ran fast and they ran hard, just to get Tyler to safety. It took them three days and three nights to reach the closest and, to what they had proclaimed, the safest town they could find.

They had stayed two nights at the town inn, and had met a group of runaways who had agreed to take them in. After that, they had traveled together, keeping each other, and most importantly, Tyler, safe.

I don't know at what moment I had decided to choose Tyler to gain my powers, but it was at this point I had given them. He was in a safe space, and I knew he would survive.

I had snuck in while the rest were sleeping, and simply kissed him upon the head, leaving a soft purple dot. The others didn't notice, as the same glitches that Adam had on him had been placed onto Tyler.

The glitches could not hide the two wing marks upon his back though, yet the two caretakers had come to the conclusion of them being birthmarks passed down in the royal bloodline.

Tyler's story may have many struggles up to this point, but he will pull through, and meet with the others once his time has come.

The leader had his successor, and not I have mine. We are only missing one more, who will be a few years younger than these two.

Their path had been chosen for them, and now its time for them to follow it.