chapter two - exodus (who talks a lot)

En was too busy to look up upon the name on the floating screen. He was staring at the endless rows of wormholes. He held his head back in defeat. "How old would we be at the end of this?"

I cracked up upon his question but soon returned to a serious guise. This was no time for jokes, especially when there were infinite challenges to get through. Then he asked, "Which wormhole should we get through first?"

I shrugged as he lead me to several wormholes. There were no more jokes as we went through a portal we didn't bother to find out about. I used up a good amount of power as we pushed against the surface of it. I then felt shrunken before waking up in a desert unknown. For a second, I could feel the harsh dust blow against my face. I stood up against the rough weather to see a dusty wasteland. "En?"

He wasn't there. I looked around my sides, only grime and dry air surrounded me. I walked along the empty barren, hoping for something to come up but instead, I felt thirsty. After countless dirt had scattered amongst my sight, I came up to see a figure. I didn't bother to call out their name. It was definitely not En.

"Challenge 1. Level 4. Mida Rose, Exodus."

Exodus?! Said who? Walking a few steps back didn't relieve the nervousness in my stomach. If I died, who would care anyway? Probably I would be put in another life for myself to fix or..?

Where was En anyway? Is he fighting someone else? Did he not go through the portal? I didn't get what was happening. I didn't really want to. for once, this entire life felt like a dream to me. I couldn't take it seriously. Unless? Unless I die? No. I'm not risking it. If I pinched myself, would I- ouch. Ok, this is definitely reality.

He turned his back to me, "You're finally here."

I didn't speak back to him, but he spoke back to his own words. "Mida Rose right? You chose the wrong hole."

"Did you think I would know that? I literally didn't sign up to play-"

"You had one task Mida. It was literally the first hole."

"But there were 2-"

"It was supposed to be on your dominant hand's side."

"Well I didn't know that??"

He rolled his eyes, "Yeah, yeah. It's too late anyway. If you weren't a takeover of the original Fiske , I would've already killed you. That Fiske was annoying. However, you lived a second life and that is also against the law of time. If I killed you now, the ending would be the same."

His endless talking made my eyes roll. Even if I died, I only had been a Fiske for only a few, at least Lilly Fiske had made a better reputation after I became her soul. Though, I didn't want to die. I had made a better life of myself than choke on pancakes.

"You don't have to get ready to fight...just get ready to get killed."

I didn't listen to him for I made the decision that I was not ready to die.

-+-+-

hello, it's your author. this book has been silenced for a whole year. yeah. I didn't expect this much notice sooo, I don't know if everyone remembers the characters cuz there's a lot, I don't even remember them all sjsjj.

I just wanted to say that this book might not make so much sense if you forget about the previous book's characters (though riasb has a bunch of plot holes and stuff and is already complicated because of the amount of characters it has).

I hope I can continue this book till its actual end because I have no plan for this book at the moment, I'm also recently thinking of publishing a different book so I hope that's fine with all of you.

Anyway, it's getting too long so peace out✌️

- caitlen ⚡️