Chapter 3, Broken Tangles

Monday, 31st of December 2018

I hope you find your way, I'm sorry we couldn't make it. Still I'll miss you anyway, I just grew and couldn't break it. How I wish perfect was enough for my own heart, sometimes I swear it was enough for my own heart. I guess I'll wait another lifetime. ~Nao, another lifetime

Ahhh New Years Eve, the year had finally come to an end,Natalia and I were celebrating the New Years together at Laangstrand, Swakopmund. As for Rafael, he recovered successfully just in time before the festivities began. He tagged along with us to the coast with his boyfriend Ajax, they were cute together. Ajax was perfect for Rafael because he took care of him throughout each and every step of the way in his recovery when they met at the hospital. Ajax was a student at the Namibian medical school and was now an intern at the Katutura State Hospital, so it was love at first sight when he first saw Rafael. I still bug Rafael now and then to come out to his parents about his bisexuality but he's still not ready, maybe if Ajax is the one then he'll definitely have him as a support backup. Blake couldn't join us because he went on a baecation with his girlfriend to Cape Town with money, I do not know where he received it from.

Either way he didn't spoil our holiday at the coast by missing out on us, I enjoyed it together with the gang. Standing on the dunes watching the mystical orange sunset drift away behind the ocean was magical, you could taste the smell of sausages and beef in the air from the braai stand nearby with Amapiano hitting that sweet spot from the JBL speakers. Eventually we gathered around the fire drinking, dancing and eating most especially, you name it. It was all fun and games counting down to midnight until the Sun had escaped our midsts as the stars took over the skies shining down on us. It was getting cold and it was time to find that special someone to snuggle up to and of course Natalia joined me on my camping chair seating on my laps as we snuggled together underneath the light of the stars. The sky was clear providing a full moon view right above the ocean, Natalia rested her head on my shoulder while we witnessed the view and said to me "You know If I'd left the coffee shop even earlier that day, this moment right now would be in my dreams. I never thought I'd date a 19 year old child like you." Natalia said as she giggled extending her arm around my neck. I laughed out loud from what I just heard, "Woow... hmm... I think you're with the wrong person 'cuz judging from the way you act I wouldn't believe you're 20. You call me baby whenever you want money, like really do babies own money?". She slapped my cheek lightly as we started laughing at the shade we were threw at each other. "Thank you Babe for treating me so well, let's take this new year as an opportunity to be the best we could ever be."

I kissed her forehead and hugged her tighter "Like Usher said I wouldn't trade this moment for anything not even a minute." She giggled "Yeah Usher said it not you." We both laughed together for a while and I said "You do know you're wrapped around my arms right?". She sounded puzzled "Yes around your thin toothpicks, in fact you gotta help me remove some pieces of meat stuck in between my teeth." I chuckled a bit and said "Oh you mean these toothpicks?" I started tickling her as she burst into laughter and began begging me to stop, unfortunately I didn't and she began trying to break loose, but that didn't work since my toothpick arms were too strong to be snapped into half. "Okay! Okay! Okaaayyyy! I'm sorry!", I paused and asked her "What are you sorry for?" She was catching her breath and said "I'm... I'm sorry... for offending you big cry baby... now let me go.". "Hmm, I'll let you go once time stands still but from now till then you'll still be in my arms, everyday, every hour,every minute,every second excluding the times you use the toilet 'cuz ion wanna die just yet lol. But until then you'll be my girl."

She scoffed at me yelling "I'm gonna kill you Julien!", I looked at her unthreatened "There's nothing but sand around us, what you gonna do?" She said "Imma build a sand castle and throw you in the dungeons while we celebrate New Years in thirty minutes.". I hummed "Hmmm, says the so called adult.", "Yo Julien!" Ajax called out my name. "We running out of volume to keep us lit for the rest of the night, we gotta go refill ASAP!". "Babe can I come with you? There's something I've been wanting to discuss with you." Natalia asked as she got off of me, "Let's talk about it once I come back, the countdown is approaching." I said as I stood up walking away with Ajax towards the car, she said out loud "But Julien it's really important.", I ran back to her and replied "Babe I promise you we'll sit down and talk about it once I return, time doesn't wait for anyone in this case." I kissed her lips and hugged her goodbye.