Chapter 1

I'm walking through downtown Central City close to midnight when I hear a woman's cries for help. I take a deep breath knowing that it's time for me to get back into the game. I pull up the hood of my brown jacket covering my long black hair and I run towards the sound of the woman's desperate cries. I look down an alleyway to see a young woman no older than 25 being pushed against a wall by a dark haired man who must be in his mid-30s. 

"HEY!" I shout and the man immediately releases the woman and turns to face me. The woman runs to hide behind me and I lock on to the man's dark eyes.

"Go, get out of here." I say trying to appear calm to the woman as I continue the staring contest with the man. I hear the woman's feet hit the ground as she runs away, leaving the man and I alone. 

"We were just having some fun." The man says smiling.

"She didn't seem to be having much fun." I swallow my fear and take a confident step forward. I'm hoping he'll back off if I come off as confident and intimidating. Much to my dismay, he approaches me unfazed and grabs my arm. 

"Doesn't mean that we can't." 

"Let go of me." He doesn't move his hand. "Let go of me, final warning." He pushes me against the wall. "Wrong move." I say with newfound confidence.

I use my free arm to land a punch on him and he stumbles back clearly caught off guard. Although he quickly recovers, wasting no time as he tackles me to the ground. I groan as my back hits the pavement. Just as he thinks he has me pinned, my normally green eyes shift to a glowing sapphire blue. I feel this rush of power come over me as I push him off of me with ease. I jump up and I pick him up by the collar of his shirt and send him flying into the wall. He crumples to the ground unconscious and I let out a sigh of relief.

"That should teach you a lesson." I mumble turning on my heel ready to head home when a man in a brown trench coat turns down the alleyway. I quickly shift my eyes back to normal hoping he didn't notice. 

"May I just say, well done Ms.Evans." The stranger says with a British accent. 

"Wait, how do you--" I'm cut off by a white flash, then darkness.

~~~

I open my eyes to see the night sky above me. I quickly remember what happened and I jump up seeing a group of people around me, out of the group I only recognize Ray and Sara. I hear the voices of the others as they get up.

"What a headache!" A gruff voice says. 

"Stein? What the hell are you doing here?" Someone growls.

"I'm as ignorant as you, for once." I follow the direction of the voice to an old man turning to face a man in a parka who must've asked the question. 

"The names Rip Hunter." I snap my head towards the British man in a trench coat. My eyes flash a dangerous blue and I can feel Rays hand on my shoulder. I shift my eyes back to normal, obeying Rays silent command.

"I'm from East London-- Oh, and the future." He continues. Who let this guy out of the mental asylum? 

"Nice to meet you, Rip." The bald man with the gruff voice says. 

"Uh, while you were incapacitated I may have tampered with your weapons." Rip says earning him an angry glare from the bald man.

"I've assembled you all because I need your help. The future of the world is in peril because of a man by the name of Vandal Savage."

"That can't be, we destroyed him." A man dressed as a bird chimes in.

"Yeah, the Green Arrow and Flash helped us do it." A woman in a very similar bird costume adds.