Chapter 11

"Hello Sara, Abby. Long time no see." Oliver says and I study the man who I used to fight alongside with in shock. His hair has turned to grey and he has a longer beard but what shocks me the most is his arm-- or lack thereof.

"Is that--" Rip starts but he's cut off by the new Green Arrow.

"Oliver Queen."

"Everyone thinks that you're dead." Sara tells Oliver.

"They're not wrong." He says and I look at him perhaps for the first time with pity. He then turns to the mysterious archer. "Put the arrow down, John. You're embarrassing yourself."

"John?" Rip questions.

"John Diggle Junior." Oliver says. That's Dig's kid? He lowers his hood and takes off his mask while taking a step towards Oliver.

"My dad's dead, because I couldn't save him. I don't deserve his name-- I'm Connor Hawke." He says and I bite my lip at the news of Diggle's death. What happened to Star City?

"So you won't take his name, but it's all right to parade around in someone else's outfit?" Oliver speaks harshly at Connor. I didn't think it was possible for Oliver to be anymore harsh than he already was-- until now.

"Well someone has to, because last time I checked, you were dead. Everyone thought you were dead. I've been trying to hold this city by myself because I thought you were gone." Connor tells him and he takes a step back.

"What happened to you? To Laurel, to my dad... Felicity--" Sara starts questioning and I look at Oliver expectantly.

"They're gone. All of them." Oliver replies and I feel like I've taken a blow to the chest. All our friends are gone in the future?

"W-What do you mean?" I step forward towards Oliver but he remains silent.

"Ollie--" Sara pushes.

"Gone. What do you want me to say Sara? 30 years ago, you, Ray and Abby hopped on a spaceship, and you never came back."

"We will." Sara insists and I nod, we won't let this happen.

"I don't wanna say that... things would have ended differently if you guys had been here, but--"

"But if we were, it could've made the difference." Sara finishes for him.

"You thought I was dead. What are you doing here?" Oliver asks, moving on.

"We were looking for a Neuromorphic Prototype that Felicity Smoak was working on." Rip tells Oliver, unaffected by everything.

"Felicity left after everything that happened. Everything her company was working on is being kept in a warehouse at Adams and O'Neil. Entry code is 4-5-8-7." Oliver tells the Brit.

"Thank you, Mr--"

"You found your way in, find your way out." Oliver states bluntly. I watch sadly as he turns his back on us and walks away.

~~~

Rip, Sara, Connor and I are at the warehouse looking for Felicity's tech. I can't seem to shake the thought of what is to become of Star City in the future, what is to become of our friends. What if us returning doesn't change the outcome? What if this is inevitable?

"Thank you for agreeing to accompany us, Mr. Diggle." Rip breaks the silence with his gratitude.

"It's Connor." He corrects. "It's not like I needed to stick around Oliver Queen for anything." He tells us before continuing forwards. Once Connor is out of earshot Sara turns to Rip,