Chapter 3: Why Did She Lie? (Anakin's POV)

Seeing (Y/N) as a full-grown woman nearly stopped my heart. Her beauty and energy radiated around my soul as our bond rekindled.

Holding her in my arms felt so right. I felt so at peace. I felt so close to her. I reached into her mind as she reached into mine. I saw visions of her training, and visions of her reaching her full potential.

She suddenly broke away from my arms and I asked her if she was okay.

"I'm fine. I'm just tired. It's been a long journey and I must go meditate now. I will see you when we get back to the temple!" (Y/N) said as she walked away.

She lied to me.

Why would she lie about that? What did she see that made her want to leave my arms? Oh no.

I reached into her mind to try and see what she saw, but she blocked me. I think she saw visions of me giving in to my hatred.

I can't lose her. She has been my best friend for years. I have to go talk to her and explain to her what happened. She will listen, I know she will.

Padme's voice interrupted my thoughts "You okay Ani?"

"Not now Padme" I say irritated as I walk in the direction of (Y/N). I had pledged my love to Padme in the arena, but now I am not so sure if I want to be with her. (Y/N) had my complete undivided attention right now. I want to hold her in my arms again. I want to feel her warmth up against my chest. In the moment we embraced, I felt whole.

I finally arrived to the room where (Y/N) was. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. I heard a faint "Hmm? Come in." from the other side of the door.

I walked in to find (Y/N) laying on the ground. She sat up and looked at me with tears in her eyes. I kneeled next to her and embraced her. I tried reaching into her mind to see why she was crying, but she still had me blocked.

"(Y/N), why are you crying?"

"It's nothing, I'm fine" she said with a faint voice.

I took her head in my hand and brought her face up to mine, kissing the tears away from her cheeks.

"Tell me, please." I said, looking into her eyes.

Several minutes of silence passed, then she replied

"You broke my heart Anakin, I always thought we would end up together, but now you're with her."

She broke away from my arms and walked towards the window.

I paused for a moment, then started to chuckle. "That's what you're upset about?"

I got up and started moving towards her. "Trust me, Padme is the least of your worries."

I wrapped my only arm around the small of her back and pressed her against me. I felt both of our heartbeats quicken

"Anakin, I-"

"Shhh"

I pressed my lips against hers.