Part 1

I looked up at the building, it was towering over me and all the other buildings on campus. I didn't want to be here but my parents needed me. I needed to get a good job to support my family, and even though college is expensive, I got here on scholarships that I applied for every summer.

I'm not like most kids you meet. I might look like pick me girl but I can assure you, I am not. I hated getting stared at by people, judging me by my looks before getting to know me. I'm an introvert and get panicked in stressful situations. I hate crowds, I hate groups, I guess I just really don't like people.

I sighed before using my card to unlock the door to the building so I could finally lay down on my bed.

"I like the blue hair!" A preppy girl said. I mumbled a soft thanks and made my way up the stairs.

The dorm room was a suite so it had two rooms on either side and in between the two rooms was a living area and a bathroom. I hadn't been told who my roommate was and I was hoping I was going to be living alone, but that's the struggles of living in college.

I finally made it up the seven flights of stairs and unlocked the door that would lead to my sweet, sweet, abyss. I looked at the door confused as to why it was already unlocked before realizing why it was and getting nervous. I don't want to meet them now, maybe later. How about I leave and come back in a few hours? Maybe they will already have left or gone to sleep. But too late, the door was being open and not by me.

"Hello, you must be my- what?" A guy opened the door. I looked at him confused before looking at the numbers on the door.

"Uh- this must be an understanding. Come in and sit while I call the office." A girl was sitting on a small folding chair, she smiled and waved. I waved back but very shyly, feeling embarrassed that I might be in the wrong dorm.

"Ugh- they said that they can't do anything about it until March!" The man sounded agitated and I guess I would be too if I found out I was living with a girl like me.

"I could just go and stay with a friend," I whispered.

Why would you say that? You have no friends here!

"No- no it's okay just- Madi do you mind helping me get more boxes?" The girl nodded and they both left. I scurried to my room and locked the door immediately.

Oh my god. I'm rooming with a man. Like a man, not a boy, a man. The ones that are growing facial hair and know how to grill and can look like a baby but act so grown up.

The panic rose in my throat and it was so much that it made me want to scream, but I controlled it and grabbed my beaten-up 3ds out of my bag and popped in Animal Crossing. I threw myself onto the bed and started playing the game until a knock sounded at the door.

"Who is it?" I shouted.

"It's me- uh- Ted." He seemed nervous.

I got up and opened the door.

"My friend, Madi, just left. Wanna go get some pizza or something?" He looked at me as if he was begging for me to come so he didn't have to go alone.

"Let me get a jacket." He smiled and left nodding.

I went back into my room, not only for my jacket but for my 3ds as well. I locked my door and Ted gave me a weird expression.

"Please don't question it," I begged.

He nodded and allowed me to go first.

"Chivalry shall not die because of me!" He shouted in my ear. And then we walked down the seven flights of stairs just to get a slice of pizza.

Madi and Ted are not together in this, they're just best friends.