3 𝘢𝘮

Changlix

—————

It's 3 am. Felix can't sleep, and neither can Changbin. They know sleep won't come upon them anytime soon, but what they don't know is that the other can't quite seem to find a way to drift into dreamland.

Staying awake; that is all Lee Felix knows how to do at this very moment. His eyes can't seem to close and mind can't seem to stop working as he stares at the ceiling with faded, glow-in-the-dark neon star stickers that could have fallen at any given moment. The moonlight shone faintly through the blinds that didn't provide much privacy, giving a source of light besides the electronic alarm clock that currently read 3:12 am.

On the other side of the neighborhood, Seo Changbin sat nearly lifeless on his old desk chair, staring at the computer screen with a light too bright to not hurt the human eye. He's been staring at the same thing for two hours now, and has made almost no progress in his work. With bloodshot eyes and a forming migraine, Changbin grabbed his hair and let out a loud groan. He felt like he wanted to scream or to punch something. Why couldn't he finish this song? Why were the lyrics so difficult to come up with? He needed a break, but not an ounce of sleep filled him. He felt so exhausted yet not tired at all.

Felix couldn't remember how long he's been staring at everything yet nothing at all. He didn't realize when his eyes welled up and tears rolled down his round cheeks, or when his chest heaved up and down begging for more air. He didn't know why he suddenly felt so trapped in his own body, and why violent sobs erupted from his chest. Felix didn't know what else to do besides curling up into fetal position, and grabbing on to his comforter like it was the end of the world. During situations like this he's been taught the breathe, yet no amount of his inhales and exhales can help at the moment.

The young boy suddenly felt so alone, like he was the only person left in the world. His mind didn't register that there are people that love him and want to hold him and comfort him in times like this. He wasn't aware that this very person was awake on the other side of town struggling to keep himself sane.

It felt like forever since his emotions started violently attacking Felix, leaving him feeling empty and in need of someone else's presence. His eyes were set back on the ceiling after being buried in his currently-soaked pillow. Sigh. Felix's head slowly fell to the side, eyes drifting to his cell phone that practically begged to be used to call a certain someone. Should I call him? No, he must be asleep. I wouldn't want to wake him up bother him with my problems.

   But maybe he is awake?  

  Felix didn't know why it was difficult to call Changbin, as he usually would in a heartbeat on other nights. With hesitation, he finally opened up his phone and clicked on the saved contact of his best friend.

   Changbin pushed himself off of his chair, causing the half-broken wheels to give out before having the chair collapse onto the floor. It may have caused a ruckus, yeah, and maybe woke someone up- but that was the least of his worries currently. Changbin held much more worry for his failed attempt to make music and for his slowly deteriorating state of health. Before being able to take a swing at his computer, Changbin's phone started buzzing and playing "What is Love?" By TWICE; which was the ringtone of one specific person. Felix.

"Lix? Why are you awake?" Changbin asked with concern laced in his voice. Only silence could be heard for a few seconds, which immediately concerned Changbin as Felix would usually start talking his mouth off. Well, it was 3:45 in the morning.

"I can't sleep." Of course, Changbin shouldn't have expected a different answer from his friend. Changbin felt like he would get into a deep conversation if he asked Felix what was wrong, so he got to the point instead of diving into something he couldn't get himself out of. "Alright, so get a jacket on. Meet me at the park."