Chapter 2 - These Cheetahs Will Be Your Partner Through Thick and Thin.

UNEDITED

The sound of the door closing bounced across the church, echoing through the large hallway. Through the door came a winged boy and one of his cloaked guardians, Nico (the 4th Bishop of Dema). The cloaked guardian carries a furious expression, his cloak whipping behind him as he strides towards his room. "You can be so, so selfish sometimes boy!" The older man barked, making the younger tense up. "Father I-" "Not another word! I'm sick of your excuses! God I- I cannot believe you would break one of the very few rules we've given you! This... this is not something Residro will ignore. I'm certain of it!"

The two strode through another door, into a room filled with other cloaked men. "Nico, TJ... what's wrong?" Keons (the 3rd Bishop) said, taking notice of Nico and TJ's respective expressions. "I caught TJ on my Tower's roof." Nico growled, his black eyes piercing into TJ as he shoved the boy forward, holding him by his arm.

Keons stood up, an almost disappointed look on his face. "TJ... is this true?" He spoke. Compared to Nico's harsh and intimidating tone, this one's was almost like honey and a warm bed. It put TJ at ease for a moment, long enough for him to nod and come clean. "Yes, your Eminence..." TJ mumbled, looking down at the floor.

"TJ... now, I am not happy with what you have done. We have given you very specific and very few rules, and the idea that you would disobey even a single one it... it shocks me. And for that, I am highly disappointed in you. I thought you knew better. As the Bishops our duty is to protect you! You know we can't have the rebels seeing you... they'd take you away rom the city. They'd take you away from us! Do you want that?" Those words made Nico smirk, his grip tightening around TJ's arms as he waited for the moment to finally punish the brat. For years he'd been waiting for the opportunity but the other Bishops never let him. But now... Now he finally could.

"However, I will note how quickly you came clean... so for that you shall be spared. Nico, release the boy." Nico's face fell. "Keons you can't be serio-" Keons cut him off with a quick "Now." Nico growled. "You are not our leader, Residro will be highly, highly displeased if he discovered you were not to punish him!" Nico barked loudly as his grip on TJ's arm tightened even more, making the young man wince.

"Nicholas, I'm unsure if you heard but Keons requested that you let TJ2109 go." A low voice spoke from the back of the room, his voice almost like a monotone hum as his piercing grey eyes glared into Nico's suddenly terrified black ones. It was Residro (the ninth Bishop), leader of the city of Dema. At that, his hand moved away from TJ's arm, the cloaked limb flopping to his side. "Yes, Residro... I shall see myself out..."

And with that, Nico left the room, leaving eight out of nine Bishops left sitting. It was silent for a moment, a sort of awkwardness hanging in the air for a before an almost excited gasp came from the back of the room. Everybody in the room turned to look at the source, seeing that Sacarver (the 6th Bishop) had stood up with an excited smile on his aged face. "I can't believed it slipped my mind! Lisden, get the cheetahs!"

"What? Why would I... oh, yes! Yes! Right!" Lisden (the 2nd Bishop) wobbled out of the room, his weak legs carrying him out of the door Nico left from. The other Bishops started to scatter around, some leaving and some grabbing things from around the room. TJ chuckled, his eyebrows threading together in confusion. "What's going on?" He smiled confusedly, crossing his arms as he watched the old men shuffle or limp around the room. "You don't know what day it is!?" Listo (the 5th Bishop) looked up from the old wooden crate he was digging in in surprise. "No? Why, what day is it?" TJ cocked his head to one side as Andre (the 1st Bishop) shuffled past him.

"TJ, today's your birthday!" Nills (The 7th Bishop) called from the back of the room, making TJ's eyes widened. "Ha! Oh yeah! I forgot!" TJ laughed at his own stupidity for a moment before becoming confused again. "But why do we need the Cheetahs for my birthday? What are you going to do? Make them dance or something?"