|~ 3

The GPS leads me to a remoted bungalow on the outskirt of the city

The GPS leads me to a remoted bungalow on the outskirt of the city. The house design is simply ancient like those in the 2020s, which I have seen them in our history book, yet is elevated to the eyes. The walls are painted white whereas the top is roofed over with deep violet roof tiles. As I ride my bike closer, I see a neon banner displayed two rows of words:  "Open Art Gallery" and "By X...Z". The latter row seems to be broken because the sign shows only two characters where there are supposed to be eight.

Who still opens an art gallery these days? I mutter to myself as I kick the footrest down and park my motorbike right next to the three blocked steps stairs of the front porch.

"Sir, we are closing." a voice echoes as I am about to walk in.

"Huh?" I look down at the black speaker installed near the door.

"W-we...a-a-re...clos-ing, s-ir..." the voice stutters like a low battery mode.

That's strange. I seem to see a few people inside. Whatever.

But the moment I turn on my heels, the same voice speaks up again, this time clearer. "Welcome to the gallery, sir."

What?! I turn my head back. Is it open or close now? I scratch the back of my head in puzzlement. Just then, a couple walks out, letting the screen door slides open. Before it comes to a close, I step in.

I knew I was captivated by the exterior design, but I didn't brace myself for more impress on the inside. Rows and rows of translucent glass walls are installed in a multicursal square maze with each wall separately hangs different paintings and sketches. My mind is totally enchanted by the beauty of each gallery that my feet subconsciously keep moving, bringing me from one wall to the next. Before I know it, I have come to the dead end. My eyes are wide open and my mouth is gasping at what the last wall is displaying.

Isn't this...me?  I ask myself as I stare at the watercolor painting. But how?

 But how?

"Sir, ...w-we're...c-los-ing. P-lea-se l-leave..." The static sound from before echoes from each corner of the wall but I'm too busy to care.

"S-sir, I-I re-peat...we're..cl-osing. If y-you w-won't l-leave, I'll...c-call...t-the...p-olice."

Just then...

"Zhanzhan, you're not trying to scare away my customers again, are you?" a soft, beautiful voice that sounds like music to my ears, reverberates behind me. "Sorry, this voice control of mine is old. I haven't taken it to the maintenance yet. I apologize if it scared you just now."

As soon as I turn around, I am locked in a gaze with an angelic sight of a tall, handsome, black hair guy with high cheekbones and freshly shaved jawline. His beauty keeps me enthralled that I don't even notice the rapid glow on the top of my wrist. I don't even notice he is now standing only two steps away from me.

"Um...Hi. My name is Xiao Zhan."

Xiao Zhan. Even his name is beautiful.

He titters shyly before continue, "I know it's weird, but can I please shake your left hand?"

Subconsciously, my left hand is lifted up and he hurries to connect us together. The moment our palms meet, I sense an electric spark transmitting; subsequently, forming a big number displayed in the air in front of us. A number I have never believed exists.

100%

"Finally, I found you," he says with a wide smile that reaches the corner of his ears.

"I believe that's my line."

Like gravitation, our bodies pull close to each other, and my face is lifted up by slender fingers underneath my chin. I close my eyes when his face is drawing near, and allow my lips to be pampered by his own. The kiss comes gently at first; but after a few swaps of angles, it evolves into a fast, open-mouthed French Kiss. I moan as I lost the dominant rights to his tongues. To make up for the defeat, I cup the back of his head and grab a fistful of his hair into my hand, feeling its silky strands prickling my fingers. He groans at the slight pain and pulls away. I mistake it as anger so I am about to open my mouth to apologize when he beats me to it.

"My room is just back there." He is panting hard as he touches his forehead against mine and struggling through each word.

I see the motive behind those lustful eyes. And strangely -which is so uncharacteristic of me-, the corner of my mouth quirks up into a lopsided grin before leaning down to give him a peck on the lips. "Then what're we waiting for?"

Satisfied with my answer, he lifts me up the bridal style in one swift motion as if I weigh nothing, and heads towards the back of the gallery hall. "Zhanzhan, lock the door. We're closed for the day."

A/N: The story ends here

A/N: The story ends here. However, if anyone curious as to what happens right after, there is a short EXTRA chapter coming up to tell the tale. However, just a gentle reminder: don't forget to look at the warning on the top of the next page before you scroll down to read the content.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* 

Link to the image: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/814377545106160098/