Chapter 5

Jalen POV

Jalen POV

I followed the scavenger to an outpost and looked around. "Is this the only place to get a ship?" I asked looking around at the civilians. "Yes. Niima Outpost is your best chance at finding a ship." She answered looking at me. I sighed as I put my helmet back on. They headed into the crowded area. People stared at me. With good reason, no one had seen a Mandalorian in ages. They only heard of the legendary and most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy; Boba Fett. "I hardly call any of these...a ship." I said looking at the amassed rusted pieces of junk. "Well...these are the only ones. So." She answered shielding the sun from her eyes with her hand. The civilians kept their eyes on me. "Who owns these ships?" I inquired. "Unkar Plutt." She answered. "Where can I find them?" I questioned. "In there." She said pointing to a rather large hut with a line of creatures snaking out of it. BB-8 whistled a string of beeps and whirs that caught my attention. A group of men threw a net around the droid as Rey was held back. A hand grabbed my shoulder before I was hit from behind. One of the men tried to take the helmet off of my head before I slammed my hand into the alien's gut and drove my other fist into its jaw. I got to my feet and watched Rey took care of the other men holding her back. I walked over to her nodding my head. "You all right?" I asked. "Why wouldn't I be?" She asked letting out a deep breath.

"I have to say, that was impressive. Most impressive." I stated smirking behind the helmet. "From where I'm from. You'd make a great warrior." I told her. "And where exactly are you from?" She asked. "Mandalore, remember?" I answered. Her eyes widened. "Mandalore?! That would make you..." She started. "A Mandalorian. Yes." I said nodding my head. "I thought they were a myth." She said. "No. They aren't. The real myth is around my mentor, Boba Fett and his father, Jango Fett." I explained with a sigh. "The infamous bounty hunter? I thought he was dead?" She questioned. I dropped my head. "Oh. I'm sorry." She said quietly. "Don't mention it." I sounded. A couple seconds of silence passed between us before BB-8 let put another string of beeps. Rey looked to her left before looking down at the small droid. She looked back to her left and darted away. "Kriffing Bantha." I muttered watching her charge away. I looked down at the spherical droid. He beeped excitedly. "What are you talking about?" I asked. "A man stole a jacket? That's what's got you so kriffed up?" I asked again confused. BB-8 beeped excitedly before rolling away quickly. I sighed dropping my head and looked in their direction before jogging after them.

What I found was Rey standing above a familiar man aiming her quarterstaff at him as BB-8 shocked him. "Ow!" He exclaimed. "Finn?" I asked. He turned around wide-eyed. "Jal! You're alive!" He said with a smile. "Finn!" I exclaimed smiling before BB-8 shocked him again. "Ow! Would you stop doing that?!" Finn shouted looking at the small droid. "BB-8, cut that out." I ordered. I looked around as Finn got to his feet. "Where's Poe?" I asked. Finn was quiet for a moment. "When our ship crashed, I got thrown from the wreckage...Poe didn't make it. I tried to help him. I'm sorry." He explained. I lowered my head as tears filled my eyes. BB-8 rolled away saddened by the loss of his owner. "So you're with the Resistance?" Rey asked Finn. I looked between the two. "Finn is act--" I started. "Obviously. Yes, I am. I with the Resistance, yeah." Finn interrupted. I raised my eyebrows widening my eyes. "I am with the Resistance." Finn whispered to her. "I've never met a Resistance fighter before." Rey said with a smile. "Well, this is what we look like. Some of us. Others look different." Finn answered. "Thanks, Rey. I'm not the least bit insulted. I'm just gonna pretend I didn't hear you say that." I stated. Rey's eyes went wide as she turned to me with a blushed face. "Sorry!" She apologized as I walked away. BB-8 came around the corner beeping loudly. I followed the droid to find two First Order Stormtroopers running towards us with their blasters raised. "Shab!" I exclaimed. My hands instinctively headed towards my gun holsters only to find them empty. I looked down before looking back at Rey and Finn. "Run. Run!" I ordered. "What are you going to do?" She asked. "Distract them." I answered. "Go. GO!" I shouted before running at the two Stormtroopers. Red lasers slammed into me as I ran at them. Thanks to the Mandalorian Beskar armor, I wasn't dead. I drove a gloved fist into the white alloy helmet of one of the troopers before stomping on their foot. The trooper cried out before I grabbed the barrel of their F-11D and slammed it into their helmet. I pulled it out of their hand and swung the rifle at their leg and knocking his feet out from under him. I unsheathed a hidden Kal in my boot and jammed the hexagonal blade into the trooper's neck, killing him. I pulled the blade out and threw it accurately into the eyelet of the other Stormtrooper's helmet killing him on impact. The armored soldier fell to his knees before keeling over into the sand. I walked over and yanked out the Kal and resheathed it. I paused a moment picking up the F-11D before running after Rey and Finn.

I found them huddled together under a hut. "Good. You two aren't dead, yet." I stated announcing my presence to them. "What about the Stormtroopers?" Finn asked. "Dead, hence why I have their gun." I explained before hearing the familiar roar of an engine. More specifically, the familiar sound of a Twin Ion Engine. "Son of a Bantha!" I exclaimed scambling out of the hut with Rey and Finn. The three of us ran as fast as possible as two First Order TIE fighters in the sky fired at them. "REY! WHERE ARE THOSE SHIPS?!" I yelled. "Follow me!" She screamed back taking the lead. She ran ahead as I stayed close behind her.