Chapter One

I have absolutely no idea if this is any good.

Y/N's POV:

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing but was in no rush to answer it so by the time I rolled over I missed the call. I grabbed my phone and saw that I have five missed calls from Franklin, my newly acquired day-to-day manager. He rang again, this time I answered.

"LET ME IN!" he shouted down the phone before hanging up.

I let out a loud groan as I stretched my body out in the king-size bed I had all to myself before rolling out of it, I pushed my hair back and out of my face and went to open the door.

"We should have been leaving five minutes ago Y/n!" Franklin told me as he walked straight inside with two coffees in hand.

"Please, do come in" I said sarcastically as I pushed the door shut. "Is one of these mine?" I asked, reaching for a coffee.

"Yes, but shower first because we are late" he said moving the cup away from me. We haven't known each other long but he seems like a nice guy. I went into the bathroom and jumped in the shower and quickly washed my body and my hair before getting out and brushing my teeth because only sociopaths brush their teeth in the shower. I dried myself off before wrapping the towel around my hips.

"What the hell is this meeting for anyway?" I asked Franklin as I walked from my bathroom to my bedroom to grab some clothes.

"All they've told me is to ask you, to have an open mind going into it" he said back to me.

"Cause' that ain't fucking cryptic" I said sarcastically before going back. Once dressed I grabbed my things and was finally allowed my coffee which at this point was lukewarm so I drank it pretty quickly as we made our way down to my car. I haven't had my apartment for long, I have lived in LA before but I have mainly lived in London, once I got re-signed I thought a place in LA was just convenient. I have dual citizenship but I consider myself English.

"Just ignore them" Franklin said as we saw a few paps outside. I've had my issues with paparazzi through the many years, my whole fucking life, they've been in my face, both verbal and physical.

I honestly don't understand why they would want pictures of someone simply leaving their home, like how much money is that really going to get you? What's the story? Are these the pictures they'll use when I die?

They also like to try and get a rise out of me.

"Why is this meeting at Sam's office anyway? Why not the label?" I asked Franklin as I started driving.

"Beats me bro. It's just what I was told" Sam is the guy that owns the label I'm signed with.

Hailee's POV:

I'm currently talking with Sophie, while on my way to a meeting with my management team. The meeting was arranged over a week ago but they had to 'get things into place' which they didn't go into detail with which left me a little confused, they also seemed to make twice the effort to make sure I didn't forget about this meeting which was also a little strange.

"Does he not understand that you not responding to him means that you don't want to talk to him?" Sophie's voice rang out through my car.

"I know. It's been like four months and he tries calling me at least once a week. I even told him like three weeks ago that I have nothing left to say to him" I replied to her with a hint of annoyance.

"You need to stay strong and not let him wiggle his way back in. You publicly defended him the first time only for it to be true and then he did it again. You deserve so much better"