The Awakening | Chapter 10

"Oi! Naruto!" His fanged friend called out to him walking towards him along with his furry companion.
"How's Hinata now?" He asked.
"Still unconscious, lying in bed not doing anything." He frowned and looked towards the ground.
"Oh. Boruto. How are you?" Kiba tried his best to smile at the kid.
"Good, I guess." He tried to smile back but instead the clone puffed into a cloud of smoke.
"Naruto," Kiba began, "Don't worry. Everything will be alright. Hinata's strong, you know. Right Akamaru?"
"Woof!" Came the reply.
"Let's go see Hinata." Kiba moved.
"Oh! Shino!" He exclaimed spotting Shino near Hinata's ward.
"Oh. Shino huh?" Naruto still had his face frowned and eyes depressed.
"Naruto," Shino stated in his gruff voice, "You shouldn't be worried, that's because I've already asked the Kikaichu to give Hinata, my chakra. If what I calculated is correct she should be waking up, right about...6...5...4...3...2...1" .
"What are sa-" Kiba tried to laugh but saw Hinata open her eyes.
"Hinata?!" Naruto rushed to her.
"Not now, Kiba. Come with me." Shino and Kiba walked out leaving the two alone.
"Kiba, do you see that?" Shino asked Kiba to look the other way at something in the sky.
"Oi! Shino! There's nothing the-? Shino? Shino? Oi! Shino?! Atleast tell me what it was!" Kiba turned around to look for his teammate who had just disappeared. It wasn't unusual for Shino, but it was sudden this time. Meanwhile,
"Hinata!" Naruto hugged his wife dearly.
"Oh! Hinata! I was so super worried!" He cried as he held his wife close to his chest.
"Naruto-kun?" She asked him, "How are the kids?" She said bleakly.
"They're great. I've sent them outside for now. They were tired of sitting here and waiting." He smiled at her.
"What about the Otsutsuki?" She held his arms.
"He's been long defeated." Naruto hugged her.
"How long? How long was I out?" She was concerned.
"That's not something you should worry about now. You sustained serious injuries. You should take rest." He said as he gently set her head down on the bed again and adjusted it so she could lean back on it.
"But what about chores? And your Hokage work?" She looked at him.
"Hinata!" He said with tears in his eyes, "I don't care about Hokage work. I care about you. I love you, Hinata. I'm so happy you're here, with me again." He kissed her hand.
"Naruto-kun" she smiled a little and blushed.
"Kaa-chan" Boruto teared up at the sight of his mother being alright.
"Kaa-chan! Kaa-chan! Kaa-chan! I was so worried about you Kaa-chan ttebasa! You didn't wake up for an entire week! I knew you would wake up dattebasa!" He cried.
"Mama!" Himawari smiled warmly at her mother and sat by her side,
"How you feeling now, Mama?" She asked, her voice sprinkled with happiness and concern.
"I'm okay now, Hima. Thanks to all your love and efforts." She smiled at her daughter and held her son's hand.
"I want you guys to go and eat something, okay?" Hinata sent her kids off to the canteen and it was her and her husband again.
"Naruto-kun, thank you." She caressed her husband's face with her weak and pale hands.
"Hinata," he closed his eyes and concentrated on her touch, "I'm so glad you're here now. I was totally hopeless with you."
"Naruto-kun, I heard everything that you said to me. I remember all those moments. Your words gave me strength." She smiled at him.
"Hinata... Hinata... Hinata." He just held her hand tightly and kissed it while crying.
"I'll call Sakura to get you a check up." He smiled and left the room to return with Sakura.
"Hinata!" She smiled, "You seem okay now."
"Yes, Sakura-san. I feel much better." Hinata smiled at her.
"Let's start. Naruto, wait outside." She gestured Naruto to leave the room.
"Let's check." Sakura started her check up. Hinata cooperated as required.
"Pulse? Normal. I'll recommend an ECG. We'll redo X-Rays to check your bones. Also, let's get a density check. Hinata, open your mouth. Hmm. Jaw seems normal. Try looking from side to side. Okay. Don't stress too much. Neck has improvement. Lift your leg. Leg is almost normal. Okay. We're done." She smiled closing her notepad.
"Naruto, you can come in now." Naruto entered with a question mark in his face.
"You will be able to take her home sooner than I expected. Hinata, you're a fast healer." She smiled and left the room.
"How's the loser?" Sasuke asked his wife pulling her into the corner.
"Don't say that about Hinata!" Sakura puffed her cheeks.
"Not her. The loser who was depressed because of her being injured and stuff." Sasuke pointed.
"He is better. He's crying, he's all over Hinata, he's clung to her. He will be better once she's home with him." He chuckled and smiled, "It is nice to see Naruto like this. He really cares about her. He really loves her. It shows."
"Dobe." Sasuke chuckled a little.
"I'll tell Kiba, Kakashi Sensei, Shikamaru and Shino that you're awake." Naruto wiped his tears.
"Shino Sensei was here?That's not possible" Boruto said, surprised.
"Yeah. Why?" Naruto raised a brow.
"Shino Sensei is off on a trip to Kumokagure, for making arrangements for some educational trip we are going to have to there." He said making a face.
"Boruto...That means...Shino...Saint... Kakashi Sensei!" Naruto rushed to his teacher and the former Hokage.
"Kakashi Sensei! Kakashi Sensei! Kakashi Sensei!" He arrived panting.
"What's the matter, Naruto?" Kakashi asked calmly.
"Saint woman Shino Hinata Boruto Trip Woke up Countdown Vanished Kiba" he said bombarding random words.
"Naruto. Calm down. You're not making any sense. Tell me. What happened?' Kakashi calmed him.
"Kakashi Sensei, I went to se Hinata with Kiba but I saw Shino there. Shino counted down and Hinata woke up. The kids came and said that Shino isn't in Konoha at all! Shino is organising an educational trip to Kumokagure in Kumokagure!" Naruto explained.
"The Saint! Why didn't you say so before?!" Kakashi's eyes widened.
"Will we ever be able to find the Saint?" Shikamaru asked, "I mean think about it, she knows our moves more than us. She knows what we will do even before we so it."
"We have to find her!" Naruto urged.
"But why?" Shikamaru asked.
"Because Hima wants to see Kurama!" Naruto answered desparately.
"Don't you think Kurama has an answer to that?" Shikamaru asked.
"I didn't think of that." Naruto said as he sat down and closed his eyes.
"Kurama? Can you do this?" Naruto asked him, but he got no answer. Kurama just laughed at him holding his belly.
"Oye! Kurama! Can you do it?" Naruto repeated.
"Yes." Kurama answered calming down.
"Seriously?!" Naruto asked him.
Kurama nodded.
"Okay. Will you please do it for my daughter?" He joined his hands in front of Kurama.
"I will think." Kurama answered.
"Well, okay. I'll tell Hima to ask you then." Naruto shrugged.
"Naruto, you go to Hinata. I'll take care of Hokage duties for a while." Kakashi offered his beloved student.
"Thank you! Sensei!" He jumped and rushed off to his wife.
For the coming two weeks, Naruto took care of wife from the most minor things to the most important ones. He spent time with his family that he deserved and enjoyed. He made sure Hinata was completely healed and okay, he made sure Boruto did his missions seriously, he made sure Himawari ate on time, took her to the park and had fun with her. She helped him cook dinner while Hinata watched and chuckled at his tries. Naruto fed Hinata and also Himawari when she got jealous.
He took care of his family and truly enjoyed himself.