Chapter Four

(Asher's pov)

It's been a few hours since I had run into Scarlet in the school hallway. Something about earlier still wasn't sitting right with me.

Her body language had concerned me when I had brought up Travis. It was like she was scared of him.

Had he done something to her?

No, that was absurd. I mean sure he wasn't the best guy in the world, but he wasn't that bad of a guy.

Was he?

I've known him since we were little, I know him like the back of my hand, at least I hope I do.

Groaning, I flop back onto my bed. I couldn't stop thinking about Scarlet, about how upset she had been earlier.

Was she that sure of me turning my back on her. I couldn't blame her for feeling that way though, from what I heard from her and around school, everyone has been treating her like trash since she was outed.

Scarlet was such a sweet and caring girl, it shouldn't matter what kind of person she used to be. She still deserves to be treated with respect, it was one thing if everyone had just turned their backs on her, but they didn't.

They were bullying her, at least if they had just started ignoring her she wouldn't have to be dealing with everyone's bullshit.

The sound of my phone ringing brought me out of my jumbled thoughts. Sighing I reach over, grabbing my phone off of the nightstand.

I answer the phone without even bothering to check who was calling me.

"Hello?"

"Hey man, I heard you were finally back in town. I'm having a little party tonight, you want to come ?"

"Party? Wait who is this?" I pull my phone away from my ear to see Travis's name lit up on my screen.

Rolling my eyes, I place my phone back to my ear, I wasn't really in the mood to deal with his shit tonight.

He may be my best friend, but he could be so annoying sometimes. Not only that, but he had a serious issue when it came to parties.

Last year when I had thrown that party while my parents had been gone. Travis and some guy off of the baseball team had done some Molly in the backyard.

Travis had become very violent that night, he kept trying to pick a fight with anyone who looked at him wrong. Well, that was until he passed out, on the crapper.

Not something you see every day, imagine you go to your room. Hoping that no one was using your bathroom since it seemed like every bathroom in the house was currently being occupied.

By either people who were puking their guts up, or by drugged up horny teenagers who were fucking each other's brains out. Only to see your best friend passed out on your toilet, with his pants around his ankles and a full roll of toilet paper in his hand.

Yeah, it was a very eventful night.

"Of course it's me dipshit," Travis laughed, as I groaned in annoyance.

"I'm not really in a partying mood."

"Asher I promise it's not that kind of party, it's just a few friends getting together, and having some fun."

"Fine," I grumbled out, already regretting my decision.

"Good, come to my house at eight, don't be late." And with that, Travis hung up the phone.

"I hate my life sometimes," I mumbled, as placed my phone back onto my nightstand.

I rolled over onto my stomach, burying my face into my pillow. At least this way I was going to be able to have a little chat with Travis.

That is if I could near him, he claimed this was just a small get-together. But I knew him better than that, when I get there tonight, I already knew what to expect.

He's going to have music blasting, liquor in the cooler, probably smoking a joint already, he'll have every girl there surrounding him.

I lift my head from my pillow, looking at my alarm clock to see it was already five.

"Maybe I could take a small nap," I thought to myself.

I still had a few hours before I had to go to the party. Yawning, I kick my shoes off, before pulling the blanket over my tired body.

I reached over, turning off my lamp. My body relaxed as my eyes began to droop.

"Thank you, Ash."

Scarlet's words replayed in my head, as I closed my eyes, letting everything go, letting sleep consume me.