six

I walk into the kitchen, my fists clenched, all i hear is the crude comments they're making and i can feel Amity's uncomfortableness

I walk into the kitchen, my fists clenched, all i hear is the crude comments they're making and i can feel Amity's uncomfortableness. I try to busy myself, washing the pots in the bowl, hearing their game end - Amity won, thank god, if i found out Amity had done some of the things they said, my heart would break.

"Your boyfriends hot, dayum." I hear one of Amity's friends comment causing me to smirk, "I know," Her response makes me like her even more. "Amity, you're telling me, that guy hasn't got any alcohol, at all? Seriously? You'd think he'd have whiskey at least, he looks like he would prefer an old man beverage, maybe vodka." Amity wouldn't know the answer, I hid the alcoholic drinks from her a long time ago.

"Nope, at least not that i know of."

"What is he? 40? He's gotta have something."

"He's 26, I don't know where you got 40 from." I hear Amity's confusion, "Also, i don't think it's such a good idea, i don't want anything breaking cause we're getting, tipsy." Smart girl.

"Stuck up much?" That nasally voice belongs to Joey, i know that much, i feel my nails dig into my palm as i clench my fists tightly.

"I'm going up to bed," I hear her say, "We have guest bedrooms, feel free to accommodate yourself. Or sleep down here, I don't mind." She whispers. I can hear her hurt, i know she cares far to much about what people think of her, so far from what i've heard they think she's far to young for me or they want to make her feel bad for being with someone older.

I've also heard that because she's not as bad as them, she's stuck up and not worth their time. I hear her footsteps get quieter as she reaches our room. "Why the fuck did you invite us here? It's no fun."

"Because she's my friend, look just because she doesn't hook up with the first guy she sees or drink until sunrise, doesn't mean she isn't fun to be around, you're just such a man whore that all you see is a girl who won't spread her legs for you. I know your tricks, the only reason you want her to bring out alcohol is so you can get her drunk and take advantage of her, i'm not gonna let that happen." I hear Libby argue, I swear smoke comes from my ears at her words.

"So what? She didn't drink any did she?" I feel my temper rise, my fists clench as i stare at the wall, ready to storm in there and kick someone's ass but i feel tiny hands around my waist, calming me instantly as sparks run through my body.

"I couldn't find you, i figured you'd be down here, listening in." I chuckle slightly as i hold her arms in my hand. Turning her round so she now faces me, "I was going to kill someone," She laughs up at me before intertwining our fingers, "That or you could come keep me warm." I let my lips tilt upwards into a smile as i let her lead me upstairs, "Night guys!" She shouts half way up before leading me into our bedroom.

"Ya know, I don't think i like sleepovers all that much." I chuckle as i watch her grab one of my shirts from the draw. "Is that so?" I expand, keeping my eyes off her as the sound of clothes falling to the floor fills the room, she knows what she's doing and i'm not gonna let her win, not this time.