Chapter 1

Y/N and Elijah had been together for a year. They'd done so much together and they'd loved every minute of it.

But one full moon, Niklaus and Henrik snuck out to watch the men turn into beasts. That was forbidden. Henrik paid the price.

They had been walking around the village with Elijah, holding hands and talking happily when she heard a loud yell.

Y/N turned her head in the direction of the sound.

"Mother!" Niklaus' voice rang through the air.

Niklaus came from the trees, carrying a body in his arms. She recognized him everywhere.

"Henrik!" Rebekah yelled. Niklaus called his mother again and she came running from the small house.

"No, no!! What happened?" Esther cried as she ran to her son. Y/N covered her mouth with her hand as she saw Henrik.

Niklaus cried, "The wolves! I am sorry, I'm so sorry!"

Y/N ran from Elijah's arms and up to Henrik's body. She and him had been close since she and Elijah had gotten together.

Esther turned to Ayana, another witch in the village, and said, "We must save him. Please, there must be a way!"

Ayana shook her head, "The spirits will not give us a way, Esther. Your boy is gone."

Y/N kneeled next to his body, grabbing his hand and saying, "May you be with the kind spirits now, my friend."

Y/N's family had been killed by werewolves when she was only three and was taken in by another witch, Astrid. When her mother, father, and older brother were lost, the woman had taught her the ways of the spirits and how to connect with them.

She never knew her family, not even who they were, what they were called.

Esther clutched her son's body and cried out. Elijah stared at the body of his littlest brother and took a breath, trying to keep his control.

He placed a hand on Y/N's and helped her stand. She dug her face in his neck and Elijah held her to him.

Later that day, Y/N had taken a walk to clear her head. Henrik was a good friend and would have soon enough been her brother as well.

But with him gone, everything had changed.

Though, Y/N had news for Elijah. She was to bare his child. She didn't know how to tell him. He was already going through a lot after his brother died earlier just that day.

What would she say?

She heard a noise behind her and turned quickly. Elijah stood near a tree and spoke, "Forgive me. I did not mean to scare you."

Y/N shook her head, "It's okay, Elijah."

He walked over to her and said, "I'm sorry about Henrik. I know he meant a lot to you."

She told him, "He was your brother. He meant a lot to you as well and I'm sorry he's gone."

Elijah swallowed the lump in his throat and nodded. He pulled her close and placed a kiss on her lips.

"I love you, Y/N." He said.

She smiled and responded, "I love you, too."

She gazed into his eyes and took a breath as she began, "Elijah, I need to tell you something."

He searched her eyes and asked, "Yes?"

Y/N began, "I-"

"Son." Someone interrupted. You both looked over and saw Mikael. He put his hands behind his back and told him, "Return home. We are to have a family dinner and you are required to attend."