Chapter 2

Weeks had passed and Mikael had done as he promised, bringing Y/N meals and telling her of her family.

Her belly grew, seeming to grow quickly. She was two months pregnant but she seemed like she could be four.

Y/N grew tired of not being able to come out during the day. She was bored of being trapped in the cave until sunset.

Soon, Mikael had given her a ring. He told her that the ring would protect her from the sun. She wore it and got to know her surroundings, knowing that she'd be there for a while.

Though, villagers still passed by every now and again, either exploring or moving to a new home. She hid in the when they did.

Eventually, one fateful day, Y/N had seen two Mikaelsons walking. She hid in the cave and couldn't help but listen in to what they were speaking of.

The Mikaelsons were Rebekah and Niklaus. Y/N wished she could talk to them, see them again. See Elijah again but she couldn't. Mikael's threats were perfectly clear.

She had heard the stories of what was happening back at the village. The things Mikael had done. It scared her.

Esther had had an affair with one of the werewolf villagers. Niklaus wasn't Mikael's son.

Niklaus had made his first human kill, it triggered his werewolf gene and with that, he became Mikael's greatest shame.

Esther tried to make it right. She put the hybrid curse on Niklaus to suppress his werewolf side, and then she turned her back on him.

But Mikael's greatest weakness as a human was his pride. As a vampire, that was magnified. He went on a rampage and killed half the village. Then he came home and killed her.

He said she broke his heart so he would break hers. He tore it from her chest as Niklaus watched.

The same night of Esther's death, Mikael had come to the cave. He was furious. He declared that Y/N was going to come with him and they were going to leave their home. Travel elsewhere.

But Norway was Y/N's home and she didn't want to leave. Especially not Elijah.

Y/N tried to refuse, but Mikael threatened the life of her child.

So, to protect her little one, she decided to leave with Mikael.

He told her to be ready by nightfall and Y/N agreed. He left.

She wanted to say goodbye to Elijah, so she snuck off to the village. Mikael wasn't there to catch her. She still had hours until nightfall.

She saw Niklaus and Rebekah standing around Esther's grave. She watched from afar as they consoled each other.

"I know you think she hated you, Niklaus, but she did not. She was just afraid. I'm sorry she turned her back on you. I will never do that." Rebekah said.

Then she heard it. The voice of the one she loved so dearly.

Elijah walked in and spoke, "Nor will I."

Y/N smiled and she wanted to run to him. Feel him again. Speak to him again. Be with him.

But she stayed and Rebekah said, "We stick together as one. Always and forever." Rebekah, Niklaus, and Elijah all held hands in a circle around the grave.

Rebekah spoke, "I'll go gather essentials and we shall leave tonight." Elijah and Niklaus nodded and Rebekah retreated to the house.

Elijah looked around the village, as if taking in his last moments here. His eyes trailed over to the house Y/N once lived in. Niklaus placed a hand on his shoulder.