2; New Horizons

I sit down in a seat by the window, jiggling my leg habitually as I wait. My satchel with millions of keychains and pins clanks as I set it down.
Humming to a random Panic! At The Disco song stuck in my head I smile, rubbing my arm through my comfy black sweater. My cheeks are fiery red and I'm glad I brought my ratty laptop with its zillions of stickers on it, but I was planning on going to the library to write the essay, it's a stupid compare and contrast essay for my college Art History course about some snobby guy who took photos of people in poverty and called it "The Other Half".

I pull my phone out and lovingly input Quinn's name and phone number into a contact, add a "🖤" at the end of her name.
I close my eyes and focus on her appearance, blushing my face off. She was wearing circular framed glasses with gold colored metal and she had lots of adorable freckles speckled around her nose, cheeks and chin.
We had an absolutely adorable tooth gap and she was amazing.

"(Y/n)?" I heard my name called suddenly and I get up and go to meet the caller. I feel my spirits dampen somewhat because it isn't Quinn but I see her off at the cash register serving a different customer and she glances at me and smiles. I smile broadly back, hardly able to contain my excitement and I see a pin flash on her apron and I glance at it looks like a pride flag and it says: They/Them

I immediately feel terrible for misgendering them and make a mental note that Quinn is Non-binary.
I pick up my cup and go to sit down and wait for Quinn to get off.
Placing one of my black earbuds into my ear I hit shuffle on my favorite playlist and hum quietly to P!ATD's "House of Memories" while I wait patiently for Quinn to make their appearance.