Living With The Gypsies - Chapter 21

chapter 21

"Ugh," I groan and roll over in bed. 

"Morning, fiancé," Dash says, smirking and I remember everything from last night. 

I couldn't believe I was getting married to Dash; it was like a dream come true. 

I can't remember what time the party finished, but I knew it was late. After Dash had proposed, everyone had come over to me and gave me their congratulations. Dawn was so happy for us, she had even started crying. That’s when I had started crying and Dash had pulled us all into a group hug. After that, Dash and I went straight to bed. 

We didnt fall asleep straightaway, if you know what i mean…..

My hands were entwined with Dash's but I pulled it away to look at my ring. It was stunning. It had a pink love heart on the front, with diamonds running along the band. 

"I'm glad you like it," Dash says, smiling cheekily. 

I sigh in happiness and Dash pulls me closer to him. 

"I can't wait until we get married," I say honestly and 

Dash smiles. 

"I love you so much," he says and I beam. 

"I love you too," I say and Dash sits up, stretching his arms. 

I remember its moving day and I sit up as well. My hair falls over my face and Dash brushes it back for me. 

"Let's go beautiful, Mami is cooking pancakes," he says, jumping down from the bed. 

He helps me down and my head pounds. I didn't feel very well, and I stumbled a bit. 

Dash catches me and exclaims, "Steady on!” 

I smile weakly and sit down at the diner. 

"How are you today, Angel? Or should I say daughter in law?" She laughs at her own joke and I smile. 

She serves up some pancakes and I place two on my plate and quickly eat them.

That was a mistake. I quickly rush into the bathroom and lean over the toilet. I feel like I'm going to vomit any minute, and I look up through the window and scream. 

Waggy is watching me and holding his knife. That's all it took and I threw up my breakfast. Dash comes in and holds my hair away from my face as I continue retching. Finally, I stop and I wrap my arms around Dash's neck. 

"Waggy was holding a knife," I mumble and he stiffens. 

He stalks out of the bathroom and yells out, "Mami, take care of Angel.”

After a moment, Dawn is beside me, rubbing my back. 

"Oh, honey," she sighs.

 "Must have been all that party food last night,” she says and I nod, remembering all the food and cake I had scoffed down. 

I stand up and Dawn gives me a hug. 

"Go take a shower, we will be leaving soon," she says and I nod. 

A shower sounds so good right now. So I strip off all my clothes and let the warm water fall over me.

My feet squeak on the ground as I step out of the shower. I quickly wrap my towel around me and walk out into the caravan. My pink guitar is on Dawns bed and I notice that Sky is sitting up and trying to touch it. 

“Did you put Sky near my guitar?” I say curiously to Dawn over my shoulder. 

“No, I put her in the corner and she was sleeping,” Dawn says and I hear a pot fall and she mutters something. 

How did Sky get there then? 

“Sky,” I croon, holding my arms out.

 What happens next astonishes me. 

Sky looks up and crawls over to me. 

“Oh, my gosh,” I breathe as she falls into my arms. 

“Dawn! Sky can crawl! “I yell excitedly and Dawn is immediately by my side.

 Sky giggles up at her and I beam. 

“Naw,” Dawn gushes and takes her into her arms.

I quickly change into some clothes and sit on Dawn’s bed and start lightly strumming some chords on my guitar. 

Just then, Dash walks in and in follows Waggy. Dash has a black eye and I think Waggy’s nose is broken. I start to yell, but Dash hushes me. 

“Waggy insists that he will leave you alone, as long as you accept his birthday present.” Dash says, wrapping an arm around me. 

I nod slowly and I notice that Waggy is wearing a blue velvet robe.

“My present to you is… MY BIRTHDAY SUIT!” Waggy growls and rips off his robe. 

I scream and cover my eyes and Dash jumps up and throws a punch at Waggy. He quickly scrambles to get his robe and runs out of the caravan. 

“DASH!” I yell and he comes over to me. 

“I’m sorry,” he says and I stroke his black eye. 

“You alright?” I sigh and he nods. 

He embraces me and I lightly kiss him. 

“Hey, guess what?” I say, pulling away. 

“Sky can crawl!” I squeal and Dash’s face lights up. 

Dawn comes over and hands Sky to Dash, and he takes her into his arms. We sit together and play with Sky for a while, until she gradually falls asleep.

***

“Are we nearly there yet?” I moan and Dash gives me an amused smile.

“If you’re gonna be a gypsy, you gotta get used to the travelling,” he says and I smile. 

“Besides, we haven’t even started moving yet!” he laughs and I scowl at him, giving him a light shove. 

Dawn was up the front in the Kombi with Sky and she was just saying goodbye to the gypsies. 

“I’m going to go say goodbye to Ginny,” I say and go out the caravan door. 

“Angel! I was just going to come find you to say goodbye,” Ginny says and we both laugh. 

We chat for a few minutes and then I realise that Dawn is calling for me. I hug Ginny quickly and walk back into the caravan. Dash is up in his bed and I decide I would go up there and join him. As I step up into the bed, I decide to open the window for some fresh air. I didn’t want to get car sick, as I still wasn’t feeling 100%.

As Dawn pulled away from the field, there was loud thud. My eyes dart out the window and I see something lying on the ground. Actually, make that a someone. Waggy stands up and gives me a small wave and throws me a wink. At least I wouldn’t see Waggy again.