F•O•U•R

Time isn't the main thing. It is the only thing.

- Miles Davis

His curious looks analyzing me, he waits for me to speak, to make a sound. I no longer want to be the center of his world and say the first thing that is buzzing in my mind.

"What's my salary, you'll pay me, right?", I take my left hand in my right and look everywhere else but not in his eyes. He suddenly starts to laugh out loud. When he realizes that I'm not laughing, he clears his throat.

"Funny. Very funny. I don't want you as a maid Eliza, "he shakes his head, left, right, left and right. Suddenly I'm afraid of the next words that could come from his cheeky, great lips and I hold my breath. What if he wants me as a whore. As a lady of the night, as a lover? Would I want to do something like that? This thought makes me angry and I would love to get up and go. But where? And do I want to see an angry king? Probably not.

He saw through me, through my panicked expression he knows exactly what I think, what I feel, what I want to do. When he realizes that, his eyes widen and he looks at me in shock."For God's sake do you think I'm so desperate? I want to train you further, I know that you are good and you can even become the best with my help. Don't you want that to Elizia? Wouldn't you like to show the others what happens if they mess with you? ", His green-brown eyes serious, deadly serious.

Suddenly I have to laugh, but I stop my laugh before it can hit the surface. I spear it deep inside me and I press both my hands on the table and get up. I can't and don't want to stay here with him any longer. With the man who sees me just as murderess, but he wants me to be one. To help him with the sick games he has in his mind.

"I'm not the one you are searching for" I spat out, gritting my teeth.

"Why not?" He asks in a relaxed tone.

"I don't want to be the best."

"But you already are."

I look at him in confusion. He looks at me without emotion, then he stands and his size makes me look up higher and higher. He comes closer, his steps are dominant, he knows exactly how and where to place his next step. He is a planner, a well-thought-out brain, a genius.He stops right in front of me and I drop my hands and look at him, he's incredibly attractive. And he knows it, he knows it very well. He plays with me, he wants me to believe that I am the best, that there is no better one than me. That I can have everything and everyone in the world. But I can't and I'm not good at anything. Maybe I was but no more.

Suddenly his right hand is in my hair and he takes the front strand that keeps falling on my face and tucks it behind my ear. I startle and stagger a few small steps backwards. I would like to tear my face away from his eyes. Get away and never come back. But his looks have something in them, his eyes are like magnets, north and south poles, he holds me without touching me. He tries to change my mind without speaking to me.

He touches my ear and my breath stops for a moment.Gentle. He keeps going with his thumb over the clear wound on the top of my ears. His hands were good for the standing pain and for that moment my headache disappears.

He looks at me in surprise, his eyebrows are drawn together and his lower full lips are between his teeth. He considered. "Your ears are not that sharp, are you half human?" He asks me. And I have to smile, not because I'm happy or because the statement that I'm half human is correct. No, because I think his ignorance is great, at first he pretends to be the most brilliant person, but as you can see he is not. His facade is crumbling and I will tear the walls down bit by bit just to see the weak person who he is.

"They were cut off from me," I shake the memories away, trying not to remember the night when the crowds were there to cut the one piece off me, like raw meat, the piece that makes me a fairy.King Arran lets go of my ear in a flash, as if it had been struck by lightning, as if my ears were fire and he was a piece of wood.

Cold, angry eyes staring at me. Suddenly he is not so relaxed anymore. And I wonder why? Or maybe I don't wonder at all?

Speechless lips, angry tongue "Did they, did your old court do this to you?", he wants clarity. A yes or no will not change anything. My ears are no longer special and never will be again. I just wish that the pain was finally over and that this massive headache would also go away.

I nod, a signal for the word yes. Yes they were, yes they made me scorch like in hell. Yes they took a flesh knife and yes they put my head on the silver counter, yes they stuck a piece of clothing in my mouth to suppress my screams. Yes, they hit hard and yes, yes they did the same on the other side. Cold hands, suppressed shouts, tears, palpitations and blood, too much blood.

Angry tears run down my face, not again. I didn't want to cry and angrily wipe it away and sink my eyes to the floor. Don't start sobbing. That would be very embarrassing. But in truth I would like to scream, break the chairs in this room, hit my head on the wall several times and just forget everything. Just let the tears roll.

He holds my face with both hands and forces me to look at him. His jaw is tense and I know he pulls himself together, the others sticking out of his neck are telling me everything.

"I'm going to kill him Eliza. No one, no fucking fairy touches what belongs to me. "

This is a 100 reads spezial! Thank you for reading my story and I hope you don't regret your choice sticking with me. If you want the next chapter and liked this story so far I would love to see you leave a vote. Other than that I wish you a wonderful day!