Chapter V

Sorry that it's short! Chapters will be for a while because I don't have much time or motivation. I'm just keeping this going for the people that seem to like this story.

A dark, looming figure stood at the end of the alleyway. 

Hadrian and Draco watched as the large, shadowy figure swaggered toward them, snarling about 'bloody brats' walking around Knockturn like they owned the place. 

Hadrian tried to step around the figure, but found he couldn't. He hadn't realised what he was doing, and had slipped into Parseltongue unconsciously.  He muttered under his breath, ~ Uh oh... we didn't keep our wands.... I don't have the strength for wandless magic right now either...~  The figure, which Hadrian identified as male,  turned around for a split second at the sound of a rustle. That was all it took.

The man fell to the ground, leaving Hadrian and Draco incredibly confused. Hadrian rushed forward and checked the man's pulse.  Dead.

Draco suddenly caught sight of another snake, that was not Rimera. The snake had gold and black scales. The moment he saw it, he shut his eyes, warning Hadrian of the snake. Hadrian was confused as to why Draco's eyes were closed, until he too looked at the snake. He looked at it dead in its crimson coloured eyes; eyes that should have killed him. He looked at the Ruler of Snakes, and at the eyes that had killed so many over the years. Hadrian offered a hand to it, and the snake looked surprised. Hadrian whispered, ~ Hello! ~  The snake had a brief flicker of surprise cross its face, but replied, ~ So you are the speaker I heard? The one I attacked for? That does explain why you are not dead~ Hadrian pointed at the man and asked ~ That was you?~ The snake did a kind of nod. Hadrian continued ~ Would you like to live with us? My adopted family, I mean.~ The snake nodded quickly, and replied ~ I would very much like that. My name is Ophelia~ Hadrian smiled, and said ~ Well then, welcome to the family,  Ophelia.~ Ophelia returned Hadrian's smile, in a snakish way.  

Hadrian held out an arm, and Ophelia slithered up, curling into a semi-tight loop. Draco and Hadrian stepped over the body and left the alleyway.

Both boys immediately walked over to their parents, who were stood by the door of the pet shop. Narcissa wrapped both into a one-armed hug, and ushered them forward.  Lucius took note of the two snakes wrapped around both boys' arms with approval. He barely managed to disguise his look of shock at Hadrian's snake. 

The four walked to a nearby fireplace. Draco had explained the process of flooing on the way, and told Hadrian the address in hushed tones. Each stepped into the fireplace in turn,  Hadrian leading. He threw in the powder and spoke in a clear tone, 'Malfoy Manor, Wiltshire.' Suddenly, the world twisted in a cloud of flame.