Chapter 1 - A Normal Day in NY

A/N: Hello, everyone~! And welcome to my story of Banana Fish, obviously, this is a fanfiction of the manga and anime with the same name. My best friend and I did an RP of it and now it has gained my fully interest of sharing it with you guys ~ The new characters appearing are mine and my best friend's and the original characters are rightfully Akimi Yoshida's. I hope you'll enjoy this story as much as I will since this story is filled with tons of drama. Of course, some chapters will be based off the episodes of the show, but later on, it'll be based off my ideas along with my friend's. Now sit back and enjoy as we re-enter the world of Banana Fish ~ / TOOS

-------

It was a normal day in New York, the wind blowing, the sun was shining and the streets of NY were rowdy as ever, Zemin Wu sat by a café and enjoyed his cup of coffee, not so recently, Ash had told him and Shorter about a drug he got from a dying man and it has caused a hysteria among Dino Golzine and his group, but it seemed to have calmed down at the moment. Zemin could finally relax and didn't need to worry of the old man chasing him down and force him to reveal any information about the drug, in all honesty, Zemin had no idea what the drug did, he didn't even want to try it out since he wasn't really a fan of drug to begin with. He let out a soft sigh as he stared down at the black fluid in the cup and took a sip before he saw a familiar figure walk up to him with his notable purple mohawk, none other than Shorter ~ He gave off a wave to the older man and smiled when Shorter patted on his shoulder before sitting next to him, leaning forward on the small coffee table.

"It's a pretty nice day without bothering about that drug, am I right~?" He asked with a chuckle and watched as Zemin finished his cup and let out a soft smile on his face before he nodded in silence and turned his head to look up at the sky in wonder.

"Yeah, it's pretty nice since I wanted to focus on reading my book and also enjoy my cup of coffee, it's hard to do that these days since well, you have Dino Golzine chasing after you and forcing to give him any information about it. Luckily, I have no clue about what drug does, but we'll find out eventually." Zemin replied before he put the empty cup on the plate and faced Shorter once more with a soft smile and hugged his hand for comfort which Shorter responded to and gave his hand a simple kiss and grinned.

"It'll be over soon enough before we even know of it, Ash knows exactly what he is doing, I trust him with my safety and yours, I don't want anything to happen, especially to you, Zem. God knows how I'll react if something happened and I was unable to prevent it." Shorter said as he looked at his boyfriend and faced the sky in wonder before he shook on his head and replaced the frown with a smile. Zemin smiled at that and looked at Shorter before putting the book back in his bag and adjusted himself, so he felt more comfortable with sitting on the chair.

"I trust him as well...I became a wimp when I was 16 years old and ran off, but Ash stayed put for so long...I admire his strength to the point where I feel jealous." Zemin admitted with a frown and thought about that time, it was horrible, Zemin got so scared that he was forced to run away without Ash and Ash...He managed to stay strong for a long time, Zemin was jealous for that, he wasn't strong like Ash, he wasn't intelligent like Ash, he was jealous, but at the same time, relieved for his sake. Shorter noticed his frown and his behavior about being jealous and shook his head in disagreement before he hugged his hand for more comfort and looked into his eyes, completely serious.

"Ash is strong, but so are you. If you weren't strong enough, you wouldn't be here right now to fight this crazy shit with us. Ash is in his own league though, no one can even get close to his skill and luck." Shorter said, comforting his boyfriend and looked at him with a grin covering his lips before patting on his shoulder, Zemin looked at him with raised eyebrows and laughed softly before he nodded and played with his glasses a bit.