Chapter 1

"Arya! Ashanya! It's time to come in girls!" their mother called.

The late evening sun was just beginning to fall behind the trees, sending out a reddish color through the sky. The two red haired girls who sat on the grass behind their house looked up. They had decided it was time that they enjoyed the last few days of summer before they had to platform 9 3/4 to bid farewell to their two eldest siblings, Aiden and Austen who were already enrolled in Hogwarts in their second and first years.

They were beautiful twins, even though they were far different from the rest of their family. Arya and Ashanya Gerasimov came from a rather large family, both parents having blue eyes and bright red hair... and all their kids having similar features... flaming red hair and blue eyes. The only way they could tell the two sisters apart was the fact that Ashanya kept her hair cut shorter.

"Coming!" the two girls shouted.

Reaching over, Arya, the younger of the two sisters, grabbed her kitten, Twinkle from the grass and stood up. She reached down and helped pull her sister (Who was older by five minutes) up, who was holding her own kitten, Star.

"Are you going to miss Aiden when he leaves?" Arya asked.

Ashanya, even though she was only five minutes older than her twin, was almost like the mother of the two: protecting Arya, giving her advice and being the more mature of the two since Arya was still such a wee little child at heart, even though they were barely seven.

"Yeah," she admitted, "Not as much as Austen though."

While the twins were as alike as two peas in a pod, one of the greatest differences was who was their favorite big sibling. Holly always went for Austen, their motherly, slightly bossy but lovable big brother while Arya on the other hand, practically adored Aiden. If she wasn't with Ashanya, Arya was following Aiden around like a puppy. Of course, no one could blame her for Aiden was said to be one of the most handsome young boys ever, having the brightest blue eyes and fire red hair and some really sharp features. However, the reason Arya loved him so much and practically idolized him was because Aiden was always there to save her from bullies.

When Arya and Ashanya were three years old, they began showing signs of something out of the norm so they were taken to Hogwarts. They spent a good part of that year there, bonding with all the staff and the professors. They even began to be called the little mascots of Hogwarts. During their time there though, Arya had gotten lost and had been found by a few kids who found it funny that a three year old little girl was wandering about. Aiden had come to her rescue and from then on, he was her favorite big sibling.

"Austen's great," Arya admitted before something caught her eye.

Far off in the distance, she caught sight of what appeared to be a man, but he looked so dark and evil, he couldn't have been a man. His hair was black, his face twisted... he looked like a snake for his tongue kept sticking out like a snake.

"Ashanya who..." Arya started.

Before either girl could process what was happening, the front door of their house flew open and their parents, Austen and Aiden burst out. Asher was right behind with all the rest of their siblings crowding to see.

"Girls get back!" Mr. Jones yelled, running towards the girls with his wife close behind.

Ashanya and Arya began running towards the house.

"Aiden, Austen, protect the girls!" Mrs. Jones yelled. "Asher, keep the kids inside."

Grudgedly, Asher held his younger siblings inside while Aiden and Austen rushed down the stairs towards the twins.

"Stay away from them!" Mr. Jones yelled, bringing out his wand.

The stranger just grinned evilly and raised his own, "Oh I'm just after one... to implement a little pain."

Everything after that seemed to go in slow motion. Austen and Aiden were in mid stride, rushing at full speed with their wands in their hands, rushing to get to their twin sisters. Their mom and dad had skidded to a stop and held up their wands, about to fire protonas charms but the stranger flicked his wand with his hand.

"Avra Kadavra!"

The green light sped from his wand and went straight for a particular red haired little girl who was running alongside her best friend... her twin sister....

Arya didn't know what happened but the next minute she was on the ground, having tripped. Looking up, she saw Aiden rush to her and help her up, hugging her close to him. She saw her parents chase off the stranger who seemed to disappear in a puff of black smoke... and Austen... was kneeling on the ground, his shoulders shaking. Arya already knew what had happened... she didn't need to ask.

"Ashanya!"