Chapter 4

YEAR 3

"Hey Arya," Luna greeted. "Where are you off to?"

They had just recently started their third year but Arya had spent all summer at Hogwarts, helping the professors start for the next year and to practice her powers with Minerva and Dumbledore.

Arya looked up from where she was trying to walk down the hallway, a knapsack on her back that carried her medical stuff, a pile of books she needed for her classes and a box that carried little nicknacks that Fred and George had bestowed upon her as a welcome to third year gift.

"Oh I have to drop by Professor Dumbledore's to talk about fire use. Then I'm off to potions with the trio."

Luna nodded, "Well I'm off to herbology."

"Say hi to neville for me!" Arya called as her best friend scurried off.

Arya soon came upon the stairs but found it incredibly difficult. She was angry that she didn't know how many steps there were so she was fated to trip. Reaching the bottom, she didn't know she had reached the bottom and she tumbled forward, dropping everything.

She landed on her hands and knees, her bag slamming into her back hard.

"Oh ow," she groaned, slowly getting up.

A hand reached out to help her and she took it, "Thanks."

When she was pulled up, she was surprised to see none other than Draco Malfoy standing there. It had been all summer since she had seen him and he had changed... not a lot but his hair wasn't slicked back as much and he actually looked handsome.

"Well if it isnt the school's own little healer," Draco said in a rather kind tone.

He reached down and began to pick up the girl's books. Arya scooped Fred and George's gifts back into the box and picked it up. Draco held out the books to her and Arya was about to take them when he stopped.

"Hey you're carrying enough. I'll help."

Keeping the pile of books in his arms, he walked with Arya. The girl felt strangely nervous around him. Draco was never this nice and it had been two years since he had owl written her. Now, he was carrying her books for her.

"So you stayed here all summer? that's gotta stink."

Arya shook her head, "not nearly. Most of the time I had free time to work with the professors on my talents."

"How is it going?" Draco inquired, immediately intrigued.

"Okay," Arya admitted, "I'm still having trouble with the pure."

"The pure?" Draco inquired.

Arya nodded, "it's a spell that only faerie's can cast. It's when the soul of the faerie and the soul of his or her loved one combine and protect everyone around them... I thought it would be the soul of one of my brothers or my parents. No such luck."

"Maybe it has to be your soulmate," Draco suggested

"Maybe so."

When they reached the classroom, Arya took her books from Draco and thanked him, earning a smirk in return. Draco sauntered over to sit next to Goyle while Arya plopped down next to Luna.

"Right everyone," Slughorn called. "We're going to be working on creating the love potion today."

Luna and Arya began getting the necessities out and stood up, preparing their cauldrons. Just then, Arya heard a whisper and turned to see Draco trying to get her attention.

Looking at him out of the corner of her eye, she saw Draco quickly fold up a paper bird and make it fly in her direction.

She knew that the bird was a letter folded up so when it landed on her cauldron, she unfolded it and read it. It was a picture of Arya making a potion and as it began to move, she saw that as the drawing her poured stuff into the cauldron, Draco's face appeared in the water.