Chapter 2

"Arya! Time for breakfast dear!" her mother called from downstairs.

Arya rolled over in bed. In the bedroom that she had to herself. Being the only girl in the family since Ashanya's death, she was the only one who didn't have to share a room.

Sitting up, Arya grabbed her brush and began to brush her red hair, yawning deeply. Twinkle came over and curled up on her lap happily, looking up at her owner. Twinkle was a pure grey cat with almost downy hair and big green eyes.

"Morning," the girl yawned.

She quickly changed into a bright, springy outfit, pink slim jeans with matching pink nail polish and pink earrings. She then grabbed a light creamy satin blouse with matching flats and hurried downstairs.

When she arrived in the kitchen, she wasn't surprised to find that all her other siblings were already awake and at the kitchen table, except Asher.

It had been five years since Arya's twin sister Ashanya was murdered in cold blood by a death eater. Since then, the large Gerasimov family had lived in hiding in a country cabin out in the mountains. Arya absolutely loved it, especially since she was allowed to have her own horse and their number of pets (namely cats and owls) was never limited.

Sitting at the head of the table, where their father usually sat was Aiden. Aiden had just recently turned fifteen and was going into his fourth year at Hogwarts. His red hair was spiked up and his blue eyes were unusually blue that morning. He was fair skinned, like all the Gerasimov kids which helped set off his red hair and blue eyes.

Aiden of course, had only gotten more handsome over the years and Austen would come home with all kinds of stories about how girls at Hogwarts were practically swooning over Aiden, though the boy had shown no interest in girls. This personally made Arya happy, since she and Aiden had gotten even closer since Ashanya died and Arya felt better knowing that there wasn't another girl in Aiden's life... at least not yet.

Austen had rounded out into quite a handsome boy of fourteen, going into his fourth year at Hogwarts. His eyes had turned out to be more of a grey than a blue like their father's but he had the full, perfectly shaped lips like their mother, high cheekbones and creamy skin. Of course he inherited the red hair.

"Good morning," Arya yawned, sitting down next to Axel and Aaron.

"Morning," her mom chirped, handing her a plate of eggs and bacon, "Eat up. It's a big day!"

Arya was halfway into her first piece of bacon when she registered what her mom said, "What do you mean?"

She looked at all her siblings to see that Aiden and Austen were trying to not make eye contact with her, but smiling to themselves. Alex and Aaron were grinning ridiculously and all the others were watching Arya constantly.

"What did I do?"

"Oh you didn't do anything wrong Arya!" Aiden chirped, leaning forward and sliding an envelope towards her, "This arrived by owl mail this morning."

Arya slowly peered at the letter and nearly jumped out of her chair when she recognized the handwriting. After Ashanya was killed, Arya was sent to Hogwarts to stay with her 'other family', better known as the professors at Hogwarts. That way they were able to keep a close eye on the girl, in case the death eater wanted to kill Arya as well but also because they had discovered something about Arya that no one had before... Arya wasn't going to be a witch or wizard like the rest of her family.... she was a fairy.

Fairies went extinct almost twenty years prior during Voldemort's reign. He sought to destroy them because they were the witch and wizard's greatest allies. they were twice as strong, ten times more cunning and a thousand times more powerful than any witch or wizard... this was because they had special powers. The only fairies that anyone knew the name of were: Garret, Paulson and Thompson, having the powers of gravity, lightning and fire. When Arya was brought to Hogwarts for her safety after Holly's death, Snape was assigned to make sure that no one was tempering with Arya's brain or her heart.