Back to the Pack

After lots of preparation of both me and the pack, apparently, Wyatt finally led me to the wolf den. 

Four years. Four years I had been away from the pack, the feeling of peace, and a proper home. 

Today that was all going to change, I finally got to go back. I was excited but tried not to let it show too much as to not make them change their minds. 

As we entered I looked around and there were eyes staring at me from every corner. I heard a few coughs and yips as the sick wolves responded to their pain.

"Waylynn Lykensen," a voice boomed over the chatter surrounding me. I looked towards the middle over the den and saw an old man standing there. 

My father! 

I smiled and took a step forward, but hands landed on my shoulders and there was a hushed "don't" in my ear. My smile dropped and I looked, again, at my father. 

"I must let you know, as your old alpha, you are no longer considered my daughter or the sister of Willa or Wyatt Lykensen. The choice to-" he falls over in a fit of coughing and his moonstone glows bright green. Willa helps him stand up to continue. 

"The choice to keep or change your last name is up to you." He bows slightly then goes back to his bed.

"Willa will take his place as his first born and will be the alpha. We still need the moonstone, but we may have found the Great Alpha," Wyatt says before going over to his sister and father and I turn once more to get a good look around the room. Many of my former pack were sick and many wanted nothing to do with me after my father's... the old alpha's declaration. A thought hit me, where is my mother? 

He didn't mention my mother! 

Tears swelled in my eyes as I ran to Wyatt.

"Where.... Where is your mother?" I asked.

His eyes fell to the ground and when they returned to mine there was hate. 

"She was so torn up about your disappearance she went looking for you and never returned. When scouts were sent out to look for her they returned with a dead body. She had been killed. Murdered. Someone had shoved a spear through her heart." His eyes were yellow and his breathing was rough. 

A low growl came from behind him and when I looked I saw Willa with her hand lovingly on his shoulder and eyes locked on me.

"I think it's time for you to walk away, Waylynn." Spite was in her voice. I turned and walked outside where I was most comfortable.