Chapter 2- The Town of Pep

Jughead's Narrative~

I think many of us, maybe the entire town, had been hoping against hope that maybe Jason Blossom hadn't drowned on July 4th. That we'd come to school Monday morning and there Jason would be. Or that we'd see him and Cheryl, maybe even Artemis and Apollo, in a booth at Pop's. But that was before the undeniable, irrevocable fact, of his bloated, water-logged body. A corps with a bullet hole in its forehead, and terrible secrets that could only be revealed by the cold, steel blade of a coroner's autopsy scalpel, or the telltale beating of a guilty heart.

Artemis' outfit

Artemis' outfit

Apollo's outfit

Apollo's outfit.

Artemis's POV~

As I was fixing my hair, Apollo knocked on my open door. Turning to him he gave me a light smile, which I returned. "Hey, that's your fake smile Arti, what's wrong?" he says to me as he walks up and wraps his arms around me, and I rest my head in his chest. "I don't know. I didn't sleep well. You know, before, it kind of felt like Jason wasn't dead. Like he was just on a vacation and then one day, he'd just come back. But now..." "But now with his body found, things are different. They're real this time." Apollo finish for me and I nodded my head.

"Arti, did you maybe, love him, as more than just a friend?" at this, I look up at my brother. "No. I mean, yeah we slept together a few times, but there was never anything romantic in it, and it ended when he started seeing Polly. But aside from that, Jason was just my best friend." I tell him truthfully. Jason and I had had a fling in the past, but it was friends with benefits fling that both Cheryl and Apollo knew about.

"Come on, we're going to be late, you drive." I tell him as I pull away from him and grab my bag. "Sooooo... You and Cheryl in the closet of love... What happened?" Apollo asked in a sing-song voice, making me roll my eyes and shove him playfully. "Shut up." at this, he burst out laughing.

🔆

"Attention students, this is your principal speaking. There have been many inquiries about the upcoming pep rally. So let me state clearly, it is happening as scheduled. Now, on a less felicitous note, if you can give your attention to Sherrif Keller." Weatherbee says into the intercom and Apollo, Cheryl, and I stand there as Sherrif Keller goes to speak.