Chapter 4- Movies, Memorials, and Midnight Fun

Jugheads Narrative~

It's been a week since the discovery of Jason Blossom's body. But his death is not the first, nor would it be the last casualty that the town of Riverdale would suffer. The Twilight Drive-In, where I work, my home away from home.

A piece of town history, closing for good, just when we needed a place to escape to the most. With Sherrif Keller knocking on every door and neighbor suspecting neighbor, Riverdale, every day that passes, is becoming more like Salem during the witch trials.

And meanwhile, the girl next door, our friendly neighborhood Hitchcock blonde, Betty Cooper, was wrestling with the knowledge that her best friend, Archie Andrews, was caught up in a forbidden romance.

Third Person POV~

"So tell me. How are you holding up with that playbook thing, honey? I was off work for two days and I didn't see you once at home." Clarissa asks her daughter as the two sat at a table in the cafeteria of the hospital eating burgers from Pop's while the head surgeon was on break.

"I'm doing much better now. I just needed a day or two to wallow and avoid Apollo as much as possible." Artemis answers while plopping a fry into her mouth. "Apollo? What does your brother have to do with it?" Mrs. Sun inquiries with a confused expression. "Mommy, Apollo said that he and Jason both told the football team not to put me in that book. But when they did it anyway neither of them did anything to correct those pompous asses. And since Jason is... Gone... I can't really be angry with him. But I can be angry at Apollo. So I'm not talking to him." Artemis explains and her mother listens intently, wanting to know what her daughter is saying.

"Well in that case. I think I'll suspend his allowance for the time being. And take his car keys away." when the Sun child heard her mother say this, she smiled and got up to hug her tightly and kiss her cheek. "Thank you sooo much mommy." Artemis says happily as she returns to her seat, making Clarissa laugh at her daughter's antics.

"I hear that the drive-in is closing. I thought you and your brother would go together but seeing as you're mad at him, I guess not. Are you taking someone else? A date perhaps?" Clarissa asked her daughter who in return shook her head. "No. If I do decide to go I'll probably just go with Cheryl." she answers. And before either of the Sun females can say anything else, Clarissa's pager goes off.

"I guess that's the end of my break. I love you Darling, and I'm off in a few days, which means you and your brother are going to have dinner at home when I'm off. You two can just pretend to like each other." Clarissa says as she gathers her trash and then hugs her daughter for a few moments before pulling away and kissing her head. "I love you, mommy. Have fun saving people." Artemis tells her mother adoringly. "I love you too my little princess. Tell your brother I love him too." Clarissa says as she walks away. "Fine. Only for you." Artemis mumbles back in an annoyed tone, making her mother laugh.

🔆

"Remind me why you wanted us to take your car and not one of the trucks we have in the garage?" Artemis says as Cheryl pulls into the drive-in. "Easy, silly. We're not staying in this car very long. I take it from your sour attitude that God has yet to apologize to you." Cheryl answers and the blonde simply huffs and crosses her arms. "Come, Goddess." Cheryl says as she parks her car and gets out, looking at Kevin and Veronica. "Make some room outcasts." Cheryl tells them before climbing into the bed of the truck.

Simply shrugging, Artemis gets in also and makes herself comfy on top of Cheryl, resting her head on the Blossom girl's chest, while Cheryl simply wraps her arms around the blonde on top of her.