Chapter 18

"What is there to explain? You took pictures of me walking around, those aren't even me, and you tracked calls I had with a friend. Is this what you guys call evidence?" I asked, picking up one of the security cam pictures. "You know, not everyone with red hair is me!" I said, a little offended. It was me, but they didn't know that for sure, they just assumed.

"You're sloppy. This," Aizawa said, grabbing a new security picture, one that showed my face. "Clearly shows that it was you."

I scratched the back of my neck. "Okay, so I may have been running around the school after curfew, but I wasn't doing anything bad, let alone illegal!" I said, trying to play it off as a prank.

Nothing illegal, unless you count sending schedules and student files to the League, illegal.

"This was the same night we nearly caught someone stealing student information. We aren't stupid Kirishima." Nezu said.

I sat up right, putting my hands in between my knees. "I never said you were. That night me and a friend were just out goofing around, trying to find someway to get to the roof so we could skip class up there some time, and we heard some commotion. We thought someone had found us, so we booked it back to our dorms. We may have broken a few school rules, but we didn't steal any files." I lied. I was trying so hard to get them to buy it, and they just weren't. I thought I was a better actor than this, I mean I had played the role and lied for three years. Maybe they were just gullible because they had no clue, now that they even suspected me, they were more cautious.

"Who's the friend?" Aizawa asked, placing his hands on the desk and leaning forward to support some of his weight on them.

I looked at him wide eyed. "You can't seriously believe I would throw a friend under the bus like that? Do you even know me?" I asked, hoping that the extra touch would help convince them.

"You threw the whole school under the bus, what'd you expect from us?" All Might spoke up for the first time. I had actually managed to forget he was there.

I gritted my teeth, but tried to hide my loathing. "I already told you, I'm not who you're looking for. Kids sneak out of the dorms and wonder the campus all the time. I got unlucky and did it on a night where someone else broke in, but that doesn't mean you get to pin it on me." I said, trying, and failing, to not glare at the symbol of peace.

"If you confess, we can get you a lesser punishment. Despite what you may think, over the past three years I've gotten to know you. You aren't a villain Kirishima, there is genuine good in you. You just got a little lost." Aizawa said, seeing that they weren't getting anywhere with there pervious tactic.

'If only you knew, Aizawa.' I thought.

"You're right! I'm not a villain! Why're you trying so hard to make it seem like I am?" I asked, putting as much fear and apprehension in my voice as I could.

All Might sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Can I tell him?" He asked, looking at Nezu, who nodded in response. I looked between them in confusion.

"Kirishima, we have footage of you and your companion in the main office, going through the computers and filing cabinets, and then taking off when you hear the pros." All Might said in a stern voice.

I panicked. I had been so sure Bakugo had taken care of the cameras in the office. There was no way they actually had that footage, right? Unless he messed something up.

"Not possible, we never went into the office." I said with a shrug. I had to keep my act up. They wouldn't get a confession.

"We have crystal clear footage of you and someone else in the main office." All Might reiterated.

"Not. possible." I said, getting slightly more pissed as time went on. They didn't have any sound evidence, besides the video, and I was pretty sure I could weasel my way out of trouble if they would just give me the chance to.

Apparently All Might was getting pissed to. He slammed his hands down on the table, actually causing me to jump. I hadn't expected him to lose his temper so quickly. "We have the video. We have solid proof. We will arrest you. We will convict you. We will throw you in jail. There is no escaping this. You can make it easier for you and everyone around you, by just confessing." He growled at me.

I slammed me cuffed hands down and stood up, getting eye to eye with him. "I. didn't. do. anything. Arrest me and take me to court, you'll be the ones walking out with your heads down when everyone realizes you tried to pin this on a high school student." I said back, glaring right at him.

He leaned back. "We aren't pinning anything! We have all the evidence we need! We're simply trying to help you. Have you even thought about how this is going to affect your classmates? Your friends? Midoriya?"

He hit a nerve. And he knew it.

"Everyone has noticed how close you two have gotten recently. You can't tell me that you're okay with hurting him like this." All Might said.

I was glaring daggers at the carpet. "Don't talk about him." I muttered angrily.

"What was that?" Nezu asked, sounding extremely amused by the whole situation.

"Don't fucking talk about him!" I shouted, finally snapping. I had held my composure for so long, but bringing up Izuku pushed me over the edge.

"You have to know how this is killing him, right? You've betrayed him, his friends, the people he looks up to, and every one of his morals." Aizawa said, picking up on the fact that I was so close to cracking.

I grabbed at my hair in frustration. If there was anything or anyone that was going to get me to break, it was Izuku.

"You say you love him, but is this what you think love is? Lies and betrayal?" Aizawa asked.

I was shaking my head, close to tears as I thought about how much I hurt the boy I love.

Seeing that I wouldn't speak up, but I was nearly there, he kept it up. Going for the one thing they knew I wouldn't be able to resist.

"Unless... you weren't lying to him...."

I snapped my head to look at my teacher of three years. "What?" I asked him. He couldn't seriously be implying what I thought he was.

Aizawa ignored me and turned to All Might. "Go grab Midoriya, we have to question him to." All Might nodded and was off.

"Wait, what? Why do you need Izuku?!" I asked. Just because I despised heroes, didn't mean I wanted to destroy Izuku's life and chances at becoming one. I couldn't do that to him. I loved him to damn much to do that.

"If he had even the faintest clue that you were the traitor, and he didn't tell us, even the slightest suspicion, he's probably going to get kicked out, if not charged." Nezu explained calmly.

That was it. That was my breaking point.

Izuku might be an air head sometimes, but there wasn't anyway in hell he didn't have a small suspicion about me. And I highly doubted he would lie about it to

"Izuku had nothing to do with it! He had no clue!"