Part 36: A Move to End it All

"Welcome one and all to this class trial!! Please take your stands!" Everyone's gaze seem to go towards me as I went to mine. I looked over at Nagito's, his face was x'd out in his own blood. I clenched my fists. I'm going to end this killing game once and for all.... "Okay, listen up." I started, trying not to stutter. "I know who killed Nagito, and how they did it." 
"That fast!? Jesus kid!" Akane exclaimed. "I knew since we went into his cottage," I lied. "You see my... my Nagito... he planned his own death." 
"That's impossible!" Hajime exclaimed. "Yeah actually, Y/N are you high or something?"
"He couldn't have done all of that by himself!" 
"No that's wrong!" Chiaki said. "Y/N please continue.." she smiled towards me. Could she really be the traitor?  "In a way... my love.. killed hi-himself. But in the end he got the traitor to kill him." 
"That's bullshit!"
"Prove it." Hajime challenged. "The night before he died, he said some peculiar things to me... how he'd... he'd always watch over me... how he thought I would hate him soon and how he'd always remember me.." 
"So what?" 
"It was all his final goodbye to me..." 
"How do we know you're not lying!?" 
"Why would I lie about the love of my life's death!?" I cried out. "I have to carry on his hopes! So I will be the end to this killer..." Everyone just stared at me. "First, Komaeda lured you all with the bomb threat-"
"Wait how do you even know about that?" Hajime questioned. "While investigating my cottage, we found a note from Nagito, in detail it tells us how he killed himself." 
"Wait but I thought you said the traitor killed him!?" Akane exclaimed. "Just let me explain what happened!" I shouted. "After the whole bomb threat he went to the building where he was to be found dead, he slashed his arms and legs... just to make it look like he couldn't and wouldn't do it himself. Then he tied up all his limbs besides the one with the burnt rope around it. Oh and this is all after he created the domino effect with the Monokuma's-"
"Wait wait wait... how do we know the note's not forged!?" 
"That can't be true!" I exclaimed. "Hajime do you still have Nagito's notebook?"
"Yeah? Why?"
"Compare the handwriting, and his writing style throughout. It matches." I handed around the note from Nagito until it reached Hajime who started to compare them. "Y-you're right... this is obviously from Nagito... so... he really did kill himself?" 
"Then it's decided! The killer is Nagito!" 
"No! Are you deaf!? You haven't been listening to what I've been saying at all!" I shouted. "Y/N.. if Nagito was still alive in the morning then, when did he die?" 
"He was still alive durning the fire." 
"W-what!? How!?"
"I saw him turn his head towards me... and he said my name.. and according to the note, after you guys threw those things in, one of them was filled with poison. Once it hit the ground the poison spread and the sprinklers activated it. It went into the air and Nagito breathed it in. That's what killed him. The whole spear was just a hoax."
"Then.. whoever threw the poison.. is the killer?" Sonia asked. 
"Yeah! That has to be it!" Ibuki exclaimed. "You guys... you guys made him suffer so much!" I screamed. "There's no way to find the killer! We all threw those things in!" Hajime exclaimed. "No." I said. "I know who the killer is." 
"How?!" I turned to the killer, "Chiaki... it's you isn't it? You're the traitor... aren't you?" She gave a sad smile, "So you figure-"
"No that's wrong!" Hajime exclaimed. "There's no proof to show that Chiaki's the traitor! Stop trying to accuse people who are innocent!" 
"Hajime can't you see!? She was just about to admit to it!"
"No! She can't be! She was with me the whole time!"
"So what!?"
"There's no way Nagito could have gotten the traitor to kill him!" 
"Did you forget about his luck!? Oh yeah.. obviously you would since you didn't give a shit about him!" Hajime looked on the verge of tears, "Where's your proof!?" he shouted. "The student profiles!" I shouted. "Her's wasn't in there for a reason!"
"NO-"
"Hajime." Chiaki said. "It's true... I'm the traitor.." 
"W-what!?"
"I never meant to kill Nagito... my purpose was to help you all... but it's come down to this... please, execute me and end this killing game!" 
"N-no! Chiaki you're not-"
"Hajime, I am. Please stop fighting... it's time to give up.." 
"Wait.. but who killed Soda?" 
"Who cares about that!" Monokuma exclaimed. "I sure don't! So guess what!? It's voting time!!!!!!" 
"I'm sorry Chichi..." I said. She turned to me, tears falling down her face. "I'm sorry too Y/N.." We all placed our votes. "Wowza! Hajime you voted for a dead person!? How disrespectful... well anyways! Say goodbye traitor!!" Hajime ran to Chiaki and hugged her. "W-why... why do you have to die too!?" 
"Hajime... I'll always be with you... please remember that..." They shared a hug and then Chiaki walked into her own doom. "Chiaki! Wai-" Chiaki became trapped in a Tetris game, she ran through it, trying to avoid blocks, until she couldn't run anymore. She was trapped between blocks. Now's the time! I ran towards Monokuma, who was standing above the blocks, observing everything. I pushed him down into the game, "HUH!? YOU LITT-" 
"I WILL END THIS FUCKING KILLING GAME!" The Tetris block then fell, crushing the both. "D-did I do it?" I asked. "Y-Y/N... you crushed him!?" 
"I.... oh my god... ahahaha, I did it!!" I cheered. Something then fell onto me. "H-huh?" I pulled it off, only to reveal it to be Nagito's jacket. A large hole was in the center of it, and it was covered in blood. I felt tears fill my eyes. "N-nagi... I did it..." I said, holding the jacket close to me. Hajime ran out of the trial ground. Others followed in his sted. I left the trial grounds, leaving the killing game behind me.