Part 40: Last Continue

"Wait... Hina..?" I asked. "What is it?"
"Come look at this.." I tore off a piece of newspaper from the wall and handed it to him. "H-he... h-h-he killed t-them all..."
"What??" 
"If what you're sa-saying is true then.." He skimmed over the slip and his eyes widened. "Prisoner escapes within days, serial killer on the loose, run why you still can...? 30 confirmed dead, 40 missing, 20 severely injured. Prison in shambles after a bomb was set off!? What the fuck!?" 
"H-he couldn't d-do something like that right??" I cried. "N-no-not my Nagito.." Hajime looked down, "Look.." he softly said. "You've.... we've lost so much.. but- to know what he did.. I... I can't imagine what it feels like.." 
"Haj-hajime?" 
"Yes?"
"W-why is this all happening!?" To that he stayed silent. After minutes of silent walking, he spoke up, "Hey... wanna play something? Would that make you feel better?" 
"C-can we just talk?" He nodded and sat down and motioned for me to do the same. "So... did... is this really real?" 
"It seems like it..." he said staring off into space, he sighed and said, "Y/N.. if that really was Nagito... you're in danger.. you get that right?"
"Why do you even care?" I asked, managing not to stutter. "I.. I owe it to someone... someone special." 
"She was really dear to you... I'm sorry you had to l-lose someone like that.." 
"You did too... so let's just say we're even.. hey.. how are you handling all of this?" I shook my head, "I can't believe it... there's no way he can still be alive.. right? I mean.. we saw him.. I saw him die.." 
"Not mentioning why all this stuff is down here.. also jesus fuck! Why did we have to sit next to the iceboxes?!" 
"You c-cold?"
"Very.." I wrapped my arms around him, he recoiled. "Huh!?" 
"Nagi used to call me a human heat lamp.. it's weird.." 
"Y/N... thanks..?" 
"No problem.. say.. Hina?"
"Yeah?"
"Look up there." I said pointing to the corner of the opposite side of the room. "There's a camera... pointing towards the morgue.." 
"So there is... that means that.. that we can find out why the body isn't there!"
"So let me guess.... more exploring?" He began to get up. "Yeah.. sorry about that.." He lent me a hand and helped me up. "So... how do we know the control panel's even going to be here?"
"Well we've gotten lucky so far.. might as well test it." 

"See anything?" I asked. "Nope." 
"Damn.." I leaned against a wall, something clicked. "Is there even a control room here?" I scoffed. Then the wall started moving behind me. "Y/N!" Hajime shouted, running forward to catch me so I wouldn't fall. "You okay?" he asked me once he caught me. "I... uh.."
"Here." he said pulling me up. "The wall opened.. and wouldn't you know it. it's the control room." He said nudging me towards it. We quietly walked in. Screens filled the room, all showing footage of different parts of the bunker. "There has to be a way to check past footage.." he said walking towards the control panel. "Um Haji? Doesn't this seem too easy?" 
"Nope. We've been searching for what feels like hours..."
"Do you even know what you're doing?" I asked noticing he was literally just pressing whatever button he could. "Nope... ah! I got it!!" 
"How the fuck...?" I watched as he rewinded the footage. "Y/N... come over here.." He said motioning me over. "What's up?" 
"I.. Can you hear him?" On the screen were the iceboxes, a soft and muffled groan could be heard, almost as if someone were waking up. "Fast forward a bit." I said. He did so and the icebox belonging to Nagito started moving. "No way.." It began thrashing with such intensity that I thought it might fall out. Then the motion stopped all together. "I-is that it?" I asked. Seconds passed till a loud bang was heard, the icebox flew open. And there he was.. He looked shocked and fear filled his features. "What the fuck!?" I screamed. We heard a loud groan come from him as he hoisted himself up. He looked around for only a moment before saying, "Y-Y/N..." I covered my mouth, tears rolled out of my eyes. "W-where??" He cried out in pain as he set his hand down on the edge. Hajime paused the video and zoomed in. A large hole was visible in the middle of his hand. Hajime continued to play the video, Nagito threw both of his legs, which were filled with cuts, over the side and got up. "Y/N.." he said as he used the wall to hold himself up. Slowly he made his way to the right, a trail of blood following him. He swayed and fell down. "N-no... Y-Y/N!" he cried out. He clawed at the ground and began to crawl. He repeated my name over and over, getting more desperate as he went on. Eventually only his legs could be seen. There was a loud thunk and a cry of agony. Then his legs went limp. Me and Haji watched in sheer fear as Nagito was slowly dragged away. The screens then shut off. We stared at the screens in horror of what we just witnessed. "W-what the hell... what the hell did we just see!?" 
"N-nagito?? He's alive!?" 
"How?!" We kept asking ourselves that question, but no answers came. I looked at Haji, his eyes emanated sheer dismay. "I... I need some time alone Haji.." He looked to me and nodded. "I-I'll go tell everyone.. I'll be back tonight, okay?"
"Okay.." With that he left. I stared at the screen in utter disbelief. How?? He's alive?? But I know I saw him die... so how??  And he seems to have every injury from when he died... besides the hole in his stomach from the spear.. and he was in the icebox.. so it was certain he was dead... right? Despite what I thought, I knew it the end it was obvious. Someone wanted us to see this.. 

(Sorry that was shorter than usual! And yeah I know I probably shouldn't have brought Nagi back to life because it makes it feel like there's no stakes at play but trust me, I have big things planned for him :0)