And Landed In My Eyes, I Screamed Aloud.

"Your majesty." Keith bowed politely to the king. Alfor smiled at the familiar face,"Oh my goodness! What a nice surprise! Keith, it's been years!" The kind king spoke happily. Allura was glaring at the Galra so hard from her throne, it was like she was shooting lasers into Keith's skin.

Keith nodded and slightly swayed his tail as a humble greeting to the king. He turned his stare to Allura who was still glaring at Keith. Keith walked towards her throne and bowed, Allura was still doing the glaring thing. Keith's tail started to swish to show that hes irritated, he then returned an intimidating, freezing, dead glare back at Allura.

Allura was caught off guard by this and she immediately looked somewhere else. Then Keith looked right at-"Lance, hello again." Keith unexpectedly spoke after being silent with the other two. Lance jumped a bit being brought from his own thoughts. He stuttered, not trying to be rude with all the emotions he wanted to hash out at Keith, he wanted to scream at him. Keith LEFT him, ALONE. Sure, Allura and Alfor were there for him when his mother didn't make it but Keith wasn't, and Keith was his best friend...

"A-ahem, hello Keith, it's nice to see you as well.." Lance squeezed out while looking to the right awkwardly to avoid the eye contact. Keith frowned slightly at this from his usual emotionless face. Keith then went back down to wait for the next course of action with the other guards. Keith thought to himself,'Of course the Altean Prince wouldn't want a GALRA as his guard. Unless Lance had something else against me, what did I do now...?'

Keith was snapped out of his thoughts as the king announced how the new guard would be chosen. "Alright everyone! We shall now move into the training area to test who will be eligible to be my son's guard. Please follow Royal Advisor Coran, we will be watching from the sidelines so try your hardest." Coran signaled everyone to follow him to the training area. Keith was the last one to exit. Lance was looking at him and he didn't realize. Keith gave him a glance and they looked at each other, it felt like the room slowed, then Keith looked back to where he was walking.

'Wtf. What was that? And since when did Keith become so hot- what. Lance what are you thinking?! His eyes were really beautiful though- NO STOP BRAIN!' Lance smacked his face and Allura walked towards her brother. "Lance? What's wrong? Is it that Galra?" Lance stood up and walked away from his sister to the training room.

Coran explained the rules to everyone as the royal family sat down. "Alrighty! So the rules are simple! There are four different holographic soldiers each gets harder as you progress! If you beat this you will move on to the next trial!" Coran went to the sidelines, sat next to the king and pushed the button he was holding.

The first Altean went up. The first bot was taken down easily, then the second one was swift. It tired out the Altean and it tried to go for a final blow. Coran stopped the simulation before that of course, and the simulation showed a harsh looking [ELIMINATED] hologram. Everyone clapped for the Altean for its efforts. Soon everyone else started to go. Most failed at the second or third robot, then it was Keith's turn to go. Keith didn't have any emotion at all as he walked up. Everyone was staring at him but Keith didn't care, he was used to it.

Keith took a breath and brought out his Galran sword. It was a small dagger with markings all over it. Keith easily took down the first and second bots. The third one was buffed out in armor and seemed to be way stronger than the other two. The bot made the first move and quickly dashed at Keith. Keith swished his tail and moved fast to the left. The bot missed, and immediately turned around to attack Keith again. It grazed him slightly before Keith jumped over it and stabbed it from behind.

Everyone was silent. Keith was the first one to beat the third bot thanks to his agility genes. The king and Coran were very impressed, Allura was fuming, and Lance was shook. 'Since when did Keith become a hot badass soldier? I-I MEAN, GODAMMIT WHY AM I SO ATTRACTED TO HIM?! IM SUPPOSED TO BE ANGRY! BE ANGRY AT HIM BRAIN!' Lance thought.