Chapter 3: Songs

Sophie's POV

Today I learned Dex actually had been to New York before. He said you would have to have a tone of patience to get through the place. I totally agree with him. He called over a cab which drove us to the college we would all be attending. I thought life was gonna be on my side today, found out the few friends I've made are going to the same college as I am and I totally forgot about not being able to see Edaline and Grady!

"Get a different place to beg, beggar," an ignorant voice said from in front of us as we got out of the cab. Fitz helped pulled my suitcases when I really thought he should help Biana with her ten suitcases. I looked over to where the voice came from and saw a man in a leather jacket and sleek black pants standing in front of a boy who was sitting on the side of the sidewalk. With a sign in one hand and a cigarette in the other, he was definitely not in the best condition.

"Leave me alone unless you wanna give me something," the boy muttered, putting the cigarette back into his mouth. His pale blue eyes rolled as the man huffed and stomped away. He was sitting on the ground in a sassy/salty way, but I could tell he was in pain. His long black bangs came down in front of his face with white tips and it blocked the small scar on his right eye. 

"Wait here Fitz," I told them and walked over to the beggar, taking out my purse and grabbing a BROADWAY PIZZA free pizza certificate. The boy looked at me with wide eyes and I also looked over to Fitz. "Can you throw me that water?" I asked, pointing to the water on the side of my suitcase. Fitz was looking at me strangely as he threw it over to me and I handed the belongings to the teenager. His blue eyes shot up from the dirty street to my brown ones and he gave me a painful smile. His lip ring moved as he reached over to the water bottle and opened it. 

"Thank you," he murmured, taking a sip of the water. I smiled.

"Just saying that Broadway Pizza is pretty good and I recommend the pepperoni one," I told him as I walked back over to the friends. Grabbing my suitcase handle, we walked toward the college in silence. 

"That was very nice of you to do that for him, Sophie," Fitz murmured to me when we finally made it to the college doors. The glass doors made me feel ill from the same memory of a few hours before when I decided to finally leave my home. Fitz opened the door for us to walk into and Dex led us to the front desk. 

"Dex Dizznee," he told the front desk receptionist. She smiled at him and handed him a clipboard after typing on her computer for a few seconds. The rest of us did the same and we started filling out the same questions on the clipboards in the lobby area. My mind was elsewhere than the stupid questions. I looked around the huge room. It high ceilings and large windows gave the huge building an airy feeling. It was nicer than some of the other colleges she had seen online. The tile floors made it so I could here a lot of conversations coming from across the room but I didn't mind.

"You done, Soph?" Fitz asked from besides me, snapping me out of my endlessly thinking mind. I smiled and nodded, handing him the clipboard. He collected the rest of the groups clipboards to turn in, coming back with pieces of paper for each of us. "Sophie," he said handing me the paper with my name on it. Fitz smiled when he saw he was sharing with someone named Marella. Biana looked at her list with a smile and showed her brother. 

"Wylie Endal!" Dex exclaimed, his eyes wide as he flipped through the rest of his packet. I looked around my paper for my roommate, but couldn't seem to find it. "Thank god! I got the nicest, shyest guy in all of school!" Dex said, happily. I pulled out a brown envelope from within the pages and took out my college ID.

"Who's Keefe Sencen?" I wondered out loud. Biana looked at me with a funny look before turning back to her paper. 

"Not sure who that is, but I'm with my bestie, Linh!" She said excitedly, slightly hoping up and down in her heals. I smiled and turned to Fitz. 

"Who's Marella?" I asked him. He smiled and took out his phone, showing me a picture of a beautiful girl. "She's really pretty," I remarked as he pulled his phone away. He blushed and nodded. 

"I used to have the worst crush on her, and guess what? She's les," he said. I smiled and patted his shoulder. "Yeah, well she's kind of brat, but she can be nice. She gossips a tone though, so make sure you get on her good side," he told me. I smiled and nodded. I looked back over to my paper. It didn't even show a picture of this Keefe Sencen kid. 

"I've never heard of him. Hopefully he'll be alright for you though," Biana said, walking over to me and Fitz. Dex smiled and nodded, encouragingly. I let out a frustrated humph but nodded in agreement. 

"Yeah, hopefully," I murmured. Fitz smiled at my pouty face before looking at my paper and then at Dex's.

"Looks like we're all in the same general area so we can walk up to our dorms together," Fitz told us. He waved us over to elevator. Dex helped Biana with her bags as I kept the door open for them. The elevator took us to the third floor before opening where we walked down a far hallway and I eventually found my door. Biana and Linh were across the hallway from me and Fitz was to the left with his roommate. Dex was a bit farther down the hall which I was kind of sad about when I found out. I swiped my ID through the key processed and the door beeped and I turned the handle. 

The room was the ugliest thing I have ever seen.

The walls were a gross mustard yellow color with a carpeted floor. I took a double take between the room number on the door and back inside. This was not what I had signed up for. On one side of the room was a bed with clothes lazily thrown on it. I groaned when the stench hit me. The right side of the room had been untouched and thankfully, that was the side with the small kitchen in the wall. I dodged dirty socks that had been thrown to the right side of the room before safely securing myself on the bed. 

It was time to make some home improvements. 

If I was going to be staying here for the next two years, I was going to make myself comfy. I quickly emptied my folded clothes on the blank bed, I put on a jacket and locked the door behind me. 

"Hey Sophie! Where are you going?" I heard Biana shout from her bedroom door. I turned to her and smiled. 

"Shopping, wanna come?"

A SOKEEFE STORY (College AU)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें