Chapter 13: Forgotten

3rd Person POV

Keefe quickly grabbed his sweatshirt from the car, coming back into the restaurant to see Marcus shooting Sophie looks of interest. He set his head on his hand, his eyes looking her up and down. Keefe quickly walked over to Sophie, throwing his sweatshirt over her head and she wrinkled her nose when her head came through the hole.

"This smells," she complained, but Keefe simply smirked, pulling his chair out and sitting next to her. She pulled her hood up, making Keefe slightly chuckle at her cuteness with his long sleeves slightly over her hand, biting her lip in nervousness.

"You adorable," Keefe whispered as Sophie ordered a water. Keefe ordered a rootbeer, telling Sophie he was a big boy and beer was for wimps. Sophie simply rolled her eyes, giving him a small giggle. She had completely forgotten about Marcus at this point and was just enjoying time with her friends. 

"-and Fitz wouldn't stop! He kept drawing on his face with mom's lipstick! It was so funny he looked like a clown when mom finally snatched it away from him!" Biana said. Tears ran down Sophie's cheek from laughing so much. Fitz was as red as a tomato, and Keefe chuckled.

"You were such a weird toddler," Sophie told him, wiping the tears away with the sleeves of Keefe's sweatshirt. The blond haired girl reached down to her pizza and took a bite, savoring the taste. 

"You got something there, Foster," Keefe told her. He reached up to the side of her mouth and took a piece of sauce off her cheek. She blushed when he licked the tomato sauce off his finger, smirking at her red face. 

"Awe! Is Sophie crushing on Keefe?" Biana asked, looking over at the two. Fitz smirked, the red in his face finally fading as he pointed to Sophie. 

"Or maybe Keefe's crushing on Sophie, look, that's his prize possession sweatshirt," Fitz said, smirking at Keefe's now scarlet red face. Sophie berried her face in her covered hands, trying to shield her red face. 

"Awe! They would be so adorable!" Biana squealed. Keefe slightly smirked at the thought, the kissing, the cuddling, the touching. 

"Maybe it wouldn't be so bad," Keefe said, his smug face leaning closer to Sophie's face. She looked up, a smile not on her face. 

"I don't want to be with someone who doesn't know how to control with their addictions," she told him, her mood seeming to drop. He gulped, taking his head away and biting his lip. She still remembered him as a drunk buy who wanted to hook up with her in the hallway, huh?

"Oh, you still remember that?" He asked. "I was kind of hoping we had moved on from that part in my life," he said, his blue eyes flickering to her brown ones. 

"You don't just move on from one of my best friends almost being severely injured because of your recklessness!" She hissed at him, her eyes turning away from his heartbroken ones. The group had gone quiet, all of them trying to avoid gazes. 

Except Tam. 

He stood up from the table, helping Sophie from her chair and leading her out of the restaurant. Keefe's eyes filled with horror and anger as he was the black haired boy wrap his arm around her waist. He excused himself from the table, slowly walking over to the door where he watched his mortal enemy talk to his crush. 

"Hey, you alright?" Tam asked Sophie when they exited the restaurant. He pulled her over to a bench where she sat next to him. She snatched hi hand, tracing one of the scars on his knuckled and one of them on his palm. he bit his lip, not sure what to do.

"I can't be with someone who almost hurt someone I care about, can I?" She whispered to him, her warm brown eyes looking up to his cold blue ones. He bit his lip, looking over to the door to catch a glimpse of Keefe staring at him and her.