Chapter 8: Sick Today

Sophie's POV

I woke up to someone poking my shoulder furiously. I opened my eyes slowly to see a blurry image of a blonde haired boy. He was looking very pale. 

"Sophie, I'm not feeling too great," he said. Then, his cheeks blew out and he cupped his mouth in his hand. I shot to my feet, helping him over to the bathroom as quickly as possible. He threw up a few times into the toilet before groaning and wiping his mouth with his hand. I frowned and handed him his toothbrush. 

"Sophie?" Tam asked from the other room as Keefe turned on his electric toothbrush. I patted Keefe's back before turning back before walking over to my sheet and pushing the slit open. Tam was lying on my bed, his eyes small slits as he was blinded by the light. 

"Yes?" She asked. He groaned and turned on his back, rubbing his head. 

"I'm shivering," he murmured. "I have been for a while and I didn't think it was a big deal until I heard Keefe throwing up and thought maybe he had somehow given it to me and now I'm rambling," he said as I walked over to him. I held my hand to his forehead and he definitely had a fever. 

"Alright, take your clothes off and I'll get you another blanket," I told him, rubbing my temples in frustration. One day in this stupid room and everyone's sick. I walked back over to Keefe and saw he was wiping his mouth as he leaned over the toilet, his arms holding him up. I patted his back and softly massaged his shoulders. He groaned when his head came up for air.

"Hey, deep breath," I said, grabbing a piece of toilet paper and wiping his nose. He groaned again, snatching the paper from me and doing it himself. I frowned and patted his blank back before walking back over to Keefe's bed and grabbing a blanket for Tam. 

I was today years old when I found out Tam was ripped. 

He had a beautiful pale six pack with strong broad shoulders and a muscled back. Where he got all of that after being homeless for years, I have no idea. He was rolled into a ball, his whole body shaking. His piercing blue eyes met mine and he let out a painful smile when he saw me come through the curtain. I threw a blanket over him, tucking it under his body. He was still shivering, so, I grabbed my blanket from under him and draped it over Keefe's blanket. 

"Thank you, Sophie. This means a lot," he mumbled, tucking his head farther into the soft blue blanket. I smiled and patted the top of his head. 

"Sophie!" Keefe whined from inside the bathroom. I ran through the curtain and back into the bathroom where Keefe was still leaning over the toilet. But his face was paler than the last time I had seen him. Maybe even a bit blue. I'm pretty sure my face had burst with worried because he rolled his eyes lazily. "It's not that bad, is it?" he asked. I reached over to his head and held his chin in my fingers. 

"Keefe, you're burning up," I told him, reaching over to the counter where a thermometer lyed. I stuffed it under his tongue and he groaned. I wiped a piece of sweaty hair off his forehead as the thermometer beeped. I took it out and saw he had a temperature of 105. 

That was not good. 

"Keefe we need to get you to the hospital," I told. He shook his head and groaned. 

"No, I'm fine, just a little dizzy." But then, he stumbled into my arms, putting all his weight on me. I stumbled into the wall to try and hold his body to my chest. I reached up and ran my hand through his greasy hair. 

"It's alright, Keefe, we'll get through this," I told him. I ended up carrying the boy, in my arms, over to his bed. He was the opposite of Tam, sweating and always to hot and I could tell from the sweat running down his neck and chest. 

I was also today years old when I realized Keefe was also ripped. 

Anyways, I hauled the rest of Keefe's blankets over to Tam and put them on top of him. he thankfully snuggled farther under the mountain of covers. Then, I raced back into the bathroom, turning the water on to the coldest setting. Since there was no way I would be able to get a passed out Keefe to the hospital without looking like a phycopath and wasn't in the mood to deal with emergency services in the middle of the night, I decided I would just give him an ice bath. I walked over to the now peacefully sleeping Keefe and picked him back up into my arms. 

"Sophie," he murmured as he snuggled up into my chest. I blushed a bit and felt bad when I set him in the freezing cold water. He let out a startled yelp as he sunk farther into the water. I giggled a bit and walked out to his dresser where his phone laid. I slipped it into a clear plastic back and then handed it to him. His face was slowly starting to return to color which I took as a good sign. "This is so freaking cold," he growled at me. I smiled slightly and got onto my knees. His teeth chattered slightly and I smirked to myself. Cupping a bit of water in my hands, I splashed it over his torso. He screeched, splashing water all over me. 

"Yikes, that is pretty cold," I mumbled, shaking the water droplets off my arms. 

"Yeah, and you dropped me in it," he groaned, clenching his fists at the cold water. I smiled and patted his head before getting up and walking out of the bathroom.