Dancing In The Rain

Lauren's POV

"Y/N come here, you're going to get a cold" I shouted leaning against the fence of our patio, watching my fiancée standing under the pouring rain in the driveway.

"I'm not coming inside until my beautiful soon-to-be wife dances with me" she shakes her head and pouts, trying not to show the growing grin on her face as she reached out her hand.

I rolled my eyes, trying to hide my own smile spreading out onto my lips.

I loved how goofy our relationship was sometimes.

"Come on Lauren. Pleaseeee" she asked, tilting her head slightly to show her Y/E/C puppy eyes.

Damn gets me every time.

Rolling my eyes for the second time, I step down and let her pull me under the rain.

"I love you" she whispered into my ear, before placing a soft kiss on my neck.

"I love you too baby" I giggled as she laced our fingers together and spun me around.

Still giggling, Y/N pulled me close to her chest. She wrapped an arm around my waist whilst the other kept our fingers intertwined.

The only sound that could be heard was our laughter and the splash of the raindrops on the concrete.

Y/N chuckled as she tried avoiding me stepping on her feet, "We got a lot of practice to do for our wedding dance." I laugh loudly and the next thing I know, she pulled me even closer to her chest and wrapped both of her arms around me.

We stopped moving for a while, my head resting comfortably on her chest. It was completely silent. Just the sound of her beating heart and our breaths as we gently swayed under the pouring rain.

"I can't believe it" she whispered, her head resting on my shoulder, "I'm so unbelievably lucky. I don't even know how I deserved this. I mean how could anybody ever deserve such a blessing like you," she lifted her head up from my shoulder, gazing into my eyes, "You are the love of my life Lauren Christine Cimorelli."

Her words were simple.

But yet triggered something in me that I never knew I was able to feel. It was like every birthday, christmas, our first kiss, every date night, every touch, every time we loved each other, every damn kiss... all of it combined into one bundle of emotion that it felt as if I was about to explode. but, at the same time, I was filled with such peace and the certainty that I am...

safe

and

loved.

I didn't know what to say. 

The only thing I could think of was putting all of my love and everything that was beyond what I felt for this Y/E/C-eyed girl in front of me, into this one kiss...

✰-------〖✰〗-------✰

a/n: hey guys, sorry i know it's kinda been a while but i have just been super busy with work and school but i managed to get this short one-shot done for you guys so i hope you enjoyed it! i am finding time to write the pt. 2 for 'if you loved me i'd be enough' so that should be out soon too.

as always, i hope you all had a lovely day/night and everything is good :)

 ✰-------〖✰〗-------✰