SUNRISE0

"Morning." The bus driver said cheerfully, and Minho could imagine the curve of their lips at the amused tone the bus driver always greeted them with.

He had always pictured this particular driver as someone who resembled Santa Clause, with a big round belly and white beard- paired with their jolly laughter and infectious happiness.

He smiled at the mental image, but also to be polite, nodding back after tapping his card, the familiar sound of the validity of the card filling the otherwise silent bus. The only other sound being the engine at rest, rumbling quietly beneath his feet.

"Goodmorning."

In contrast to the stuffy summer morning of the outside, the bus felt a little cooler and less crowded, the smell of metal and people not yet absorbed into the seats of the bus. Afterall, they were the first people to get on it. There was never anyone on the bus around this time, which is why he and Danbi, the determined Doberman slowly scampering infront of him, always decided to get on this particular bus.

They wouldn't ever try and get on it another time of day, especially later on in the afternoon, as there would be far too many people. Which brought many problems, many of which include Danbi getting distracted by people (kids) the crowd and losing focus of her job, which Minho never blamed her for.

So, to save a tiresome early morning walk, they take the bus. As they have been for the last two years. Just the two of them, and occasionally a group of school children on the way to highschool (who were always polite enough to say Goodmorning, but not interact any further).

Finally, Danbi halted her steps smoothly, following their usual routine, and Minho fluidly reached out to grab the railing infront of him.

After he had sat down, and Danbi comfortably tucking herself beneath the seat, Minho felt the buses engine roar to life, the vibrations travelling through the chair and all throughout his body. Exhilarating.

He relaxed his back when the bus finally departed from the stop, and carried on its smooth journey on the practically empty roads. They normally don't start getting louder and bustling with horns until morning rush hour of around 7 or 8, around the time which he and Danbi would be happily trotting home after a wonderful morning stroll in the park.

So, comforted by the small snorts and sighs emitting from the relaxed dog at his feet, the tip of her wet nose against his ankle, Minho reached into his hoodie pocket, immediately feeling the desired object.

He took the MP3 player out, careful not to accidentally pull out anything else with the tangle of the wires, and got to work with untangling the vines around it. When that was finally done, he felt around for the right sided earphones.

The moment Minho pressed play, an overwhelming emotion of nostalgia and empathy washed over him like a deep wave, the first chords of the song echoing against his mind.

And I'd give up forever
to touch you
'Cause I know that you
feel me somehow.

The bus pulled into another stop, and instinctively, Minho pulled his legs a little tighter together. Whenever he traveled with Danbi, no matter how much of a sweetheart she was, he knew that the two of them took up a lot of space, and so he tried to minimize as much of that space as he could when capable.

The doors opened with a harsh hiss, and immediately the loud steps of heeled office shoes smacked against the metal floor,

You're the closest to
heaven that I'll ever be,

"Morning driver!" A loud and cheery (and unfamiliar) tone of a man exclaimed upon entering, followed by the beeping of their bus card.

"Morning." The driver replied with an amused huff, seemingly taken aback by such a bright sounding man so early in the morning to challenge his own joy.