SUNRISE1

("Was he cute?")

Minho physically had to restrain himself from smacking his head onto the table infront of him at the stupid question emitting from his earphones.

"How the fuck am I supposed to know?"

Perhaps someone who wasn't close with Minho might've had the decency to become embarrassed at the ignorant question, or correct themselves- however Hyunjin and him had gone through so much in their 15 years of friendship, Minho didn't think they had apologised to eachother since they were 7.

("What?") Hyunjin asked distractedly, the sound of a passing car mixing with his words, ("It's a valid question! How did he act? The tone of his voice? Did he pause before introducing himself? I need a whole essay analysis!")

Minho snorted, absentmindedly scratching Danbi's head, which was comfortably propped on his lap under the table. "Are you the literature student or me?"

("Obviously you, I haven't read a book since I was 15.")

"That's- that's pathetic Hyunjin."

("Oi! I haven't see you run since highschool either!")

"You're the PE teacher bro, the fuck would I be running from."

("You know what- nevermind!" He suddenly exclaimed, "Now back to the cute boy from the bus-")

"I don't know if he was cute-"

("-what was his name again?")

Minho stilled, causing Danbi to become distressed at the absence of a lovely head rub.

("Minho...") Hyunjin started, his voice dropping dangerously low, similar to when he was extremely annoyed at a student for misbehaving (aka, Danbi when she chews up his trainers), ("You did get his name didn't you?")

"I-"

("Hold on bitch, I'm right around the corner and when I get there you won't be leaving starbucks alive.")

Just as Minho was going to half heartedly come up with an excuse for not finding a name to put to such a hyperactive voice in attempt to save his life- a quieter, more toned down version of the voice in his head suddenly appeared infront of him.

"Excuse me?"

Minho jumped in surprise, making Danbi also stand protectivly. However, from her wagging tail hitting the side of his arm, Minho could safely assume it wasn't a stranger wielding a knife like a maniac.

"Yes?" He replied tentatively, turning his head to face the voice slightly.

"Oh! It is you!" They exclaimed, and suddenly the voice echoing in his head matched with the person infront of him, in his mind Minho pictured his heart dropping out his open mouth and nearly slipped of hot chocolate. "I didn't think we'd see eachother again!"

"You're...from the bus?" He asked slowly and in shock, ignoring Hyunjin screaming excitedly like a siren through his earphones.

("OH MY FUCKING GOD IT'S THE GUY FROM THE BUS IS THIS DESTINY-")

The man shifted, appearing to stand more infront of him, "You remember me?!" They shouted, far too loudly for it to be acceptable in a starbucks at 6am on a Wednesday morning.

"Of course, your voice is hard to forget." Minho muttered, only to go completely slack against Danbi's happy tail wagging. The man's going to get creeped out by a complete stranger saying these words to him. What did he just say?

("OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY?")

"Ha!" The other laughed good naturally, "I get that a lot. I guess my voice is pretty loud."

Minho hoped the relief didn't show on his face, but was quickly replaced with nervousness when he felt the table shake slightly, the sound of something large being placed on the table.

"You mind if I sit here and have some coffee with you? I just put my bag on the table." He mentioned, and again, Minho found it incredibly thoughtful and endearing at how the other described things to him. It wasn't patronising, instead the tone of his voice was causal, and Minho felt happy knowing that he was comfortable around him and Danbi.

("OH MY GOD SAY YES SAY YES. I'M STANDING AT THE DOORWAY AND I'M WATCHING EVERYTHING. IF YOU DON'T SAY YES I SWEAR I'LL ACTUALLY KILL YOU-")

Ignoring the loudly whispering Hyunjin, Minho gulped, nodding. "Of course you can."

"Great!" The man replied happily, relieved almost, "Oh, I'm Jisung by the way. Han Jisung, I just moved to Seoul a couple weeks ago."

Han Jisung, Minho thought, testing the name in his mind, and how it rolled of Jisung's tongue.

"I'm Lee Minho, and this," he started, reaching out beside him. Immediately, Danbi's head found his outstretched arm, comfortably slotting into the space; "Is Danbi."

"A pleasure." Jisung said fondly, chuckling, "I'll just go buy a drink real quick. Be back in a second."

"Okay." Minho breathed, listening to the sound of Jisung's heeled office shoes click away, mixing with the surrounding early morning crowd if his local Starbucks.

"So," Minho whispered, turning his head to face out the window, the bright light of the morning summer sun warm against the flush of his cheeks, "Is he cute?"

Hyunjin snickered, as the sound of the door closing was heard both over the phone and in the shop, indicating Hyunjin had begun his journey to the nearby highschool. Mentally, Minho made a note to uber some food to his friend during his lunch break as an apology for ditching him, and also in thanks for supporting him.

("Very cute. Very cute indeed.")