SUNRISE3

"Goodmorning Minho, Danbi." Jisung said loudly as he walked up to them on the bus, taking a seat in his signature place opposite the two other passengers.

Minho unconsciously found himself smiling, feeling too overjoyed to tell himself he probably looked stupid, "Morning Jisung."

"The weathers nice today, did you know?" Jisung began with his usual description of the sky, as he had for the past 3 weeks of their morning travels. "Nice and sunny, some big clouds. Oh- I saw one that looked a little like Danbi on the way here!"

At the sound of her name, Danbi perked up, only to bring her attention back to looking after Minho, her wet nose snuggling back into the crook of his ankle. Jisung chuckled at that action, only then making Minho realise he had probably been staring straight at Jisung with a creepy smile on his head.

Instead he casted his eyes down, quickly changing the song on the MP3 player.

"And what's the song of the day today?" Jisung asked after a few seconds of amicable silence, the only other sounds being the gently rumble of the bus engine and the beginning chords of a new song. Minho let the sounds vibrate through his chest, picturing as much of it as he could, the warm colours of that sunny morning and a faceless hyperactive man to go with it.

"Everybody talks, Neon Trees." Minho stated, instantly recalling the song from the very first few seconds of a group chorus.

"Hm, I don't think I've heard this one?" Jisung started, "The name sounds familiar though, a band?"

"Yeah..." Minho began, an absurd idea popping into his head as the word rolled off his tongue slowly. He gulped, throat feeling exceptionally dry all of a sudden as anxiety for rejection churned in the pit of his stomach.

"Do you...do you want to listen?" Minho asked quietly, taking out his left earphone, and head slightly titled to gesture the empty seat beside him.

After almost a month of the two men meeting briefly in the bus every morning, occasionally at starbucks later on by accident, Jisung had always opted to sit opposite Minho. Probably thinking it would be easier to communicate and more comfortable to talk, and while it was, Minho definitely wasn't opposed to the idea of having someone sat beside him.

Especially if that someone was the kind-of-stranger Han Jisung.

"Oh..." Jisung began, voice deflating.

Minho's heart pounded pathetically in his chest and ears, loudly and in nervousness.

"You don't mind?" Jisung then said, the sound of him shuffling around overtaking the nervousness in Minho's ears.

"Would I be offering if I did?" Minho found himself saying before he could think better of it, bitterness to fight of the nervousness. However; Jisung giggled back happily, and Minho felt the last bit of dread and apprehension leave him.

"I guess not." Jisung muttered, getting up steadily.

As fate would have it, the bus had stopped in traffic, one that normally would not be here at this time of day. Yet it gave both men a little longer together, a little bit more time to soak in the peace.

Jisung's soft and gentle fingertips gently grazed Minho's own as he grabbed the ear bud, and Minho hoped his surprise wasn't evident on his face when Jisung suddenly plopped down to the seat beside him, huffing into the tight but comfortable seat.

"Now, lets hear these Colourful Trees..."

Minho snorted, "Neon. Neon trees."

Jisung hummed as Minho restarted the song, "No no, I think colourful trees fits better."

As the song continued, its upbeat and hyperactive instrumental and vocal piercing their ears, Minho took a moment to think about the man beside him.

Their shoulders were pressed tightly against one another, and from that Minho was a little shocked at how much broader Jisung seemed to be in real life compared to the imagine in his head. He also marveled at the feeling of his toned and exposed arms, always assuming Jisung would be wearning a office shirt due to the clicking of his shoes. But instead he wore a t-shirt, leaving his arms exposed to the warm summer sun.

He seemed like he was on the shorter side though, making Minho smile fondly. It fit.

He slightly changed the man in his head to fit the new findings, pretending he wasn't disappointed that he still had no face to put to the man.

"What're you smiling about over there." Jisung mumbled, face now dangerously close.

Minho sighed; making a mental note of how many more stops he could saviour before Jisung had to get off.

"Nothing."