Yuan Fen (缘分)

Mew wasn't really in the mood for a day like this, he didn't even like this place.He felt awful while watching those people, some were looking at them with the obvious jealousy in their eyes, some of them hated them deeply; Mew could sense it from the way they looked at him and his friends.Some of them had hopeful eyes, they wanted to get choosen and get rid of that dumpster.

"Mew, focus-If you can't find someone again, this time your mom and dad is gonna kick your ass out." Mild said as he patted on his friend's shoulder after realizing Mew was spacing out, and the bigger guy just nodded, sighing deeply since he didn't really want this.

"I don't think I can do this-" He turned at Mild and his friend quickly stopped him before Mew could walk back to the entering gate, they were in the Area C for 10 minutes and Mew was already wanting to give up.

"Hey-hey." Mild pushed him by his shoulders to look at his face. "I know that you hate it---I don't like to see these people suffering like this too, Mew." He said in a soft tone, patting the guy's arms since he knew Mew was extra sensitive about this topic. "But it's been years man, you are the only son in your family and you can't just let your bloodline die like this." He tried to sound soft but he knew this sentence put even more weight on his shoulders.His family was the strongest family in the Area X, they were one of the five families who created Area C and tried to stop the chaos, cause things were out of hand and nobody was actually reproducing.The crime rate went higher and higher, each day their world was turning into a hell, and his family was one of those people who put an end to that mess.

Years ago a disease appeared, women were not able to give birth to boys anymore.Not even one female gave birth to a male, and when they realized they couldn't find any cure for it, the panic was out of control.Cause that meant after the last man died, everything was going to end.They tried it for years but there was no cure, they managed to make some women carry boys, but they were never able to give birth; either the boy died, or both.It was simply impossible.They thought it was their end, cause the chaos was slowly burning everywhere and the fear people felt was horrific.

But it went even worse.

Cause when everyone lost their hope, thinking it was the way of world actually ending; a guy got pregnant.

It was impossible, nobody should've believe when the news broke out but they were dealing with this women disease for years and any little thing was worth to try.That was when things went even worse, cause men started to attack each other, all of them wanted to have a boy and they were beyond desperate.But soon it stopped, cause after examining the guy's body they realized they couldn't use him to reproduce cause somehow it didn't happen with everyone.This guy was already gay and he had a partner, he just went to hospital because he was throwing up and he thought the reason was the spicy meal he had last night.He didn't expect to be courted by cops and found himself as a lab rat.

After a year the pregnant men number increased, but now everyone knew how it worked.Grabbing a stranger and sleeping with him wasn't enough, in simple words, it wasn't like how it happened between men and women.They could sleep with every women and they would get pregnant if they were not infertile.But between men, it didn't work like that.All men couldn't get pregnant, and the ones who could actually bear a kid, couldn't have it after sleeping with a random guy.Fertile guys had to sleep with a match, the government gathered them up to make them reproduce to end this nightmare but it didn't happen, cause making them sleep with a complete stranger didn't change anything in the fertile one's body.They didn't have just one match, they saw one fertile guy having sexual intercourse with three guys in total, and all of them were successfull, meaning he was impregnated.

Back then the streets were dreadful, but it was mostly rape; but after the government revealed that fertile guys could only get pregnant with two conditions, crime rate increased in a horrible speed.Fertile ones could only get pregnant if they would get knotted during the right time, timing was everything.It was different for every person, it wasn't easy to tell it like women cause men didn't have periods, only themselves could feel it since they would be able to realize the little changes in their body.It lasted for about a week, mostly in every 3 months.So that was why not a lot of people was able to get some guy pregnant since it was hard to find the right time.But the second condition was the one who made everything worse; cause obviously, if the fertile one didn't want to get pregnant; knotting him meant nothing.They tried everything, but most of the test subjects didn't want to experience something like that; pills, medicines, needles, nothing actually work on them even if they were %100 fertile and doctors were forcing it during the right time.