Sweet Satisfaction - Author's Note

Author’s Note

All of the characters are fictional, with the exception of real persons mentioned such as Miss Nina Boyle, King George V, Fergus Bowes-Lyon, Percy Goate and Alice Gazely.

All of the towns/cities/villages are real except Reaurez in Spain and some of the minor locations (e.g Elsie’s home.)

Some of the events in the story are real, for example: the Zeppelin attack on King’s Lynn, the sinking of the Lusitania, the Women Police Volunteers meeting in Brighton, and all the other historical facts such as the ones mentioned in the newspapers.

With thanks to these websites (a short selection): Wikipedia, The Spectator Online, firstworldwar.com, Wattpad, oldphotos.com, British Newspaper Archives Online, oldpolicecellsmuseum.org.uk, lisanostalgia.tripod.com, googlemaps, and so many more wonderful websites!

I hope you enjoyed reading Elsie’s story!

Author’s Extended Note for Wattpad.

I can’t describe to you what this feels like, finally finishing a full book on Wattpad. It’s so amazing. This whole experience has been amazing. I can’t believe Sweet Satisfaction is finally finished, and I couldn’t have done it without all of you guys! You kept me going as I typed up the next chapters. I’ve been typing this up for the majority of the year I guess, and just sitting there, seeing a little notification pop up saying someone voted or commented, whether I be at home, on the school bus, out and about, just brings so much joy to me. I’m so glad you all stuck by my story as you waited patiently every week for another update. I never expected to have such dedicated followers, so I give you all a shoutout here. You are all so amazing, whether you be halfway through my book still or have just finished reading the end! (This is in a random order) @officiallysarra @morevna101 @jennygirl10 @fiddlegirl @banba14 @marsharobinson @WilsonGill @cinnamonconrad @musiclover_0305 @mkandrews @Bunnygirl69  I’m so sorry if I forgot anyone! Special Mention to people who found my book after it was completed and have read it all: @JenGen. Seriously, you guys have made this book worth it. I never expected to for Sweet Satisfaction to be so popular, or to win the Undiscovered Gems Contest! I reached my goal of 1,000 votes, so I’m pretty happy. I’m so glad you’ve come on Elsie’s journey with me. As I wrote this story, the first time round, I realised that I was really writing a story about me, and how I had woven my own experiences and emotions into the story. Only yesterday (Friday) when I was typing one of the last chapters up, I realised that I was not only Elsie, but I was Emma too, and I hadn’t seen it, but I had been a bit like her all along. So thanks for everyone for putting up with me, my friends and family, for being so supportive of Sweet Satisfaction. My friends are awesome! @francespark @lilywawa @jaz4949 @sweettruthx. I’ve probably rambled on loads of useless waffle, so the last thing I want to say is thanks to one special teacher, Mrs H. If it wasn’t for you, this Elsie and the real Elsie wouldn’t have had such a happy ending and got through it all.

Some random facts about Sweet Satisfaction

I was originally going to call it ‘Pebbles on a Stony Beach’.

I had an idea that involved Mary and John having an affair and resulting in Mary being the one having the baby and dying in the hut, not Isabella.

I came up with the name ‘Reaurez’ while playing a game of Scrabble.

I did think about killing Elsie off in the hut as well.

Until I wrote Chapter Eighty, I didn’t know what was going to happen – was she going to shoot Susanna, Bobby, or herself, or as it seems to have been in the end, no-one?

St Tudy is where some of my ancestors lived (I know this because I’m obsessed with Genealogy!) but I doubt they got up to what King and Isabella did!

I did think about Isabella and King having a child together.

I didn’t know whether Elsie would end up with Bobby or John in the end either. But I realised after all that happened, she belonged with John.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR READING!!!!