It Must Be Fate When You and I Met

You're the sun in my sky
If love is a flower
You are the seed
Cause loving you so natural to me
Yes, loving you comes naturally to me

- Emeli Sande

"Mae, I'm pregnant!"

"Luk, that's great news! This is what you've been waiting for."

"I'm so happy, mae. It's finally happening."

ΩΩΩ

At 27, Gulf Kanawut felt the desperation and urgency. The biological ticking of his body. As a modern omega, Gulf wanted both career and family. But he wasn't looking for a partner. No, he wanted a child. One that was biologically his. He didn't want to adopt; he didn't want a surrogate. He wanted to experience carrying one. But to do so, he'd need another set of DNA. He wasn't an asexual plant; he still needed another set of chromosomes to make this work.

But he still stood by his decision. He wasn't looking for a partner. He didn't needa partner. It wasn't that Gulf wasn't desirable. He was tall and slim, wide hips typical of an omegan figure and he was a natural beauty, sharp (but at the same time soft) natural features and alluring eyes. He was in peak health and had a very stable financial condition. Thus, offers to take him out on dates and courting requests were not uncommon. His parents received them, his sister passed along some interested alphas' information to him and his best friends wanted to set him up with someone at least once a week.

But he never felt the interest.

So, Gulf began planning. He started saving, started preparing for what he was going to do. In this day and age, Gulf thanked the deity that he didn't have to find an alpha to do the dirty. All he needed was a good clinic of a good standing offering an artificial insemination service. He only wanted the best.

After gathering data and comparing details, a long work of getting references and finally registering himself at this ultra-exclusive clinic, all Gulf had to do was go through the initial procedure of his dream parenthood.

Gulf knew it was going to be expensive that was why he was as prepared as a strategist in a war. And it turned out getting to be clinically impregnated barely put a dent in his savings. It was probably because Gulf was frugal – never really spending his money for anything much for the last 10 years. His money usually went to his parents and his bank account anyway. And his job as an editor was high-paying enough that he never had to really concern himself with money problem.

Gulf led a rather 'clean' dull life. He had no interest in constant social interactions; he didn't drink or go clubbing often. He never understood the need to stay out too late. He'd rather stay indoors playing online games or sleeping. In other words, Gulf was a homebody on his way to becoming a hermit. If it weren't for his colleagues-turned-friends, Mild and Boat, Gulf would become a permanent fixture in his flat outside of working hours. So at least with them there, Gulf went out to see the sun playing sports like football or basketball. If he were feeling up to it, he'd join them on their regular hiking trips.

Gulf was a grounded person. Some would say a bit too mature for his age. Since a young age, he knew what he wanted and most if not all of the time he would pursue them, achieve them with satisfying results.

So this pregnancy plan of his was going to become a reality no matter what anybody said. He already kept track of possible changes to his life for the next 2 years. He had a 5-year plan and a 10-year plan already lock and loaded. He was already making changes to his single (but not for long) home unit. It was a good thing that Gulf had an extra bedroom that he was slowly converting into a nursery. He told his family of his plan, and despite the initial objections, they were slowly warming up to his idea and would support him if it made him happy.